***Official Squad Thread***

Associate
Just tried to have a blast on this as haven't played for ages, and for some reason I cant play! I keep getting kicked from game with message EAC violation?

someone HELP!

Associate
It just let me play a full game after kicking me from 3, seems to be doing it randomly? will try clearing the cache next time I play to see if that helps, last time I played it was all fine which is strange as I haven't changed anything

Soldato
Haven't played Squad for a while (apart from one game last weekend) - Rising Storm 2 has drawn me back for the last couple of months. V12 should help me get back into it I hope :)

Soldato
OP
Here's a Alpha 12 playtest for you all to enjoy!

Password: a12threeweeks. Go to Library > Squad > Properties > BETAS > Enter Password and click "CHECK". Select the branch and it will download. If it does not - restart steam.

Servers will go live in 1 minutes from this post.

PLEASE NOTE:
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT SURE ABOUT SERVER PERFORMANCE, IF SERVERS DO NOT HOLD UP THE PLAYTEST WILL BE CANCELLED WHICH CAN BE DONE PRETTY QUICKLY AFTER THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.

AS FOR NOW THERE IS NO FIXED END TIME OF THE PLAYTEST, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE A LONG UPTIME AT THIS TIME.

Changelog:

Alpha 12 brings a ton of changes, and everything is yet to be finalized, here's a short TL;DR of what you need to know to be able to play properly:

-HABs now have an overrun mechanic. When 2 enemy soldiers are within 30 meters of your HAB the HAB is unspawnable until they are incapped or leave the 30 meter radius.

-Rally spawns are now wave spawns and inifinite waves. If there's less than 20 seconds left on the wave, you get pushed to the next one.

-HABS have a wave respawn of 30 seconds. (THIS IS A TEMPORARY BUG WORKAROUND FIX. HABs will work as usual when fixed properly.)

- Persistent ammo. Soldiers will now spawn with the same ammo they had as they died. You will always spawn with a minimum of 3 mags for main rifle and 2 bandages no matter what you had when you died. Spawning at main base refreshes your load out.
Resupply at an ammo crate or a friendly vehicle when you spawn in if you're low on bullets.

-Riflemen now have ammo bags to resupply their friendlies

-Any soldier can now revive a friendly with their bandage. When revived, soldiers will not regen stamina until healed by a medic. It takes 14 seconds for a non medic to revive, 7 seconds for a medic to revive.

-Suppression, weapon handling vehicle damage models have been overhauled.

-Vehicles now have a component damage system. Heavy vehicles that stores large munitions can be destroyed by hitting their ammo storage. All vehicles have an engine that can be destroyed. Destroyed engines can be repaired to a slow drive-able state by crewman repair kit.

-Some vehicles now have turret stabilisation. Needs to be toggled on. Oh yeah, we added tanks too.

...And a lot more. This is no where near the full changelog.

Soldato
OP
Known bugs for 10th October test

You might be able to see enemy vehicles and emplacements on the minimap occasionally (need repro steps)
Rally spawn timer is not always working properly
While disabling the HAB there is no UI/map indication
Some issues with new turret component snapping or skipping frames while panning
Centering issue while zooming in on minimap while in vehicle
Reloading main tank gun can be heard across the map for all players
Texture flickering using some AA methods on Tallil
Displaced DF shadows clusters
Low quality textures - texture streaming issues
Missing bleeding sounds
Vehicle engine widget is not updated according to its health
You might spawn in wrong position
ATGM sight on T72 breaks
Black rocks/foliage and flickering
Sometimes tank reload sounds are not audible for other passengers or in 3p
Chora perf issues
Some vehicle desync issues (need steps)
Invisible soldiers (need steps)
Some vehicle HUDs issues from a11
Keyboard input being stopped/ignored when clicking the spawnscreen minimap
Placing markers while zooming in shift the map
Cone of vision on minimap stays where you entered a vehicle
When you spawn for the first time on FOB/rally you will have minimum ammo, not full ammo
Clicking somewhere on the map after selecting spawn point will deselect spawn point and you wont spawn
FOB and ammo points are not getting updated on new minimap
Highlighting squad/players is not working on minimap
Issues with markers and players not showing up on minimap
Possible suppression and flyby sounds being broken due to origin rebasing
Compass missing on certain commander seats
Road blending is not working on Talli

Back
Top Bottom