1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squid Game

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Le Clandestin Brun, 4 Sep 2021.

1. Stumble Bum

Mobster

I've watched it all and I have no idea what he's on about :p

2. TonyTurbo78

Capodecina

I don't get that none of you have any idea what I meant by giving it a chance. It's a Korean Battle Royale-esque series that doesn't give much away initially.

I spoke to a few ppl, friends included that couldn't get past 20 minutes because of that..... So give it a chance could mean what exactly?? :rolleyes: it's not difficult.

3. kindai

Sgarrista

Really enjoyed this.

I read something in google news that the writer/director said there are no plans currently as he wrote and directed it all himself and keeping it fresh would be very difficult even for a second series.

4. antijoke

Caporegime

but I wasn’t questioning you saying give it a chance, I was asking what you meant by “what it really is”, it was phrased like it’s
    Some kind of super hidden type of show, I picked up on it was a battle Royale immediately

5. Shadowness

Mobster

Maybe it's because they all go into the game and then it stops, and you have to wait until they go back and it gets going again?

6. TriedandTested

Capodecina

Get in to it???? It's a great opener to EP1...funny, interesting, sad, violet. Some people!

7. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

I did find episode 1 a little slow. The main guy is a very unlikeable character and it's almost 30 mins before he actually gets to the venue. I can definitely see some people think it's a boring show about a deadbeat dad and dropping it in that time.

Once it gets going though it's excellent, loved it. What I want to know is why every episode was an hour except for episode 8 that was only 30 mins, seemed weird!

Also why did the people speaking English sound so wooden? The VIPs were dire.

8. smokedog

Mobster

It's a common issue with most Asia films

9. NutritioN

Wise Guy

Kinda tempted by this, but I watched S1 of the Anime Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor and it feels like this is more of the same. Too stressful to go through a different take on (almost) impossible games!

Anyone watched both?

10. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

Violet?

11. TriedandTested

Capodecina

nt!

12. cheesyboy

Capodecina

I'd heard this show was popular but knew nothing about it. Clicking on this thread, and this description is basically 100% perfect for getting me to watch :D

Sounds amazing!

13. apatia77

Mobster

Only watched episode 1 and it's ok but I hope things will pick up from now on.

14. smokedog

Mobster

Well you know what they say...Give it time.

15. LizardKing

Sgarrista

If i hadn't have watched the trailer theirs a chance i'd have not watched beyond the first episode. Once it gets going it is very good. how many kids are gonna be playing squid game now i wonder! Lots of open plot lines for a future season!

16. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Excellent show and some gut wrenching moments!

There are a few loose ends which would justify a 2nd season - as long as it's of the same calibre.

One theory which my daughter picked up on and one i've read online since finishing - the game they played in the tube station. The guy asked Gi-Hun to pick a colour - the colours are red/blue. Theory being, pick blue = player, pick red = guard.

The guards are monitored, have rules and are locked up at night, so probably true.

17. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Still not started it yet but, I've heard, you need to opt for "English" subtitles rather than "English cc" as the cc version subtitles the English dub, which is a worse translation of the original dialogue. (though the "English" one apparently isn't great)

18. C Kent

Hitman

Blitzed through this over the week, really good, thoroughly enjoyed it. Tried to watch Alice in borderland as I've heard it's similar but haven't gone past the 1st episode as it didn't grab me.

19. Glanza

Capodecina

Something different that this show managed to capture that reminded me of hits of Battle Royale, wonder how many shows were going to get that try to replicate this now.

20. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Stick with AiB - really enjoyed it.