stages of fttp ?

Associate
hi there all im wondering what are the stages and steps involved for getting fttp installed and the sort of time frame im looking at to getting back on the internet ?
this was already fitted and i see a grey pipe with a bit of nylon rope near front door.
UqcefNy.jpg.png

Soldato
I assume you can order it at your address?

I ordered on 27th December 2017 when it went live on the system with Zen. It was completed 7th February 2018. The rope was passed through the ducting probably 6 weeks before my FTTP install completed. But I guess it depends on how busy Openreach are in your area as to the timeframe.

Associate
OP

I ordered on 27th December 2017 when it went live on the system with Zen. It was completed 7th February 2018. The rope was passed through the ducting probably 6 weeks before my FTTP install completed. But I guess it depends on how busy Openreach are in your area as to the timeframe.

thanks for the reply and the info on how long it took for your install. its a brand new build so collected the keys today. when i go to bt address checker it states The address you entered could not be matched. Please amend and try again.

What's under the bottom cover of that box?
will check tomorrow when i move all my belongings in.

Associate
OP
i have tried ordering through bt website but my address does not appear to be selectable. would it be best to phone them bt ?

You should have an address match though - do you show up on the Royal Mail checker?
i have been on royalmail and the property is not up on there yet etheir. will get back with that image later of whats in that box.

Caporegime
Looks like your fibre is already in. Maybe you can order with the code on the front of the ONT - I have no idea. If you don't have an address yet then it won't be on the checker.

Associate
OP
I will ring bt later to see if that code is useful for something because it does not look like there is any fibre coming out the grey pipe into my property but there is a grey open reach box by the front door.
i know this would probably get sorted quicker if i went with zen but its a extra 16 quid on top for there 330Mb service.
Thanks for all the suggestions so far :cool:

Caporegime
Ah ok if there’s a box on the wall outside then it’s a two-stage process. Still need your developers to hurry up and get you in Royal Mail’s database though.

Associate
OP
Ah ok if there’s a box on the wall outside then it’s a two-stage process. Still need your developers to hurry up and get you in Royal Mail’s database though.
If I get time tomorrow I will have a word with the developer's about this . it looks like most in the area have went with virgin but the next next estate up is mostly virgin so I'm trying to avoid the congestion issues I have had in the past.

Associate
OP
i had a word with the developers they said they were in the process of doing it so i then contacted royal mail which told me to phone a 09 number which is shut most of the time or online. So i applied for a new postcode online at this address so i have to wait patiently for 2 to 5 days.
has anyone got experience applying for a new address online because im wondering if im going to run into any snags on the way ?

Caporegime
The council are responsible for house numbering and street naming, Royal Mail receive these changes and then issue a postcode and update their database, and then Openreach receive this update.

Lots of developers wait as late as possible before activating the addresses to avoid having to pay council tax on the properties. But it's the developers that you need to push to sort out.

Associate
OP
Lots of developers wait as late as possible before activating the addresses to avoid having to pay council tax on the properties. But it's the developers that you need to push to sort out.
odd thing happened today which i did not expect and that was mail turning up however i would not expect the turn around to be that quick.
i only went to the developer the other night and they mentioned this https://www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/update-your-address so i filled it out.

Soldato
I used that link or similar when we moved in our new build 2014. Queried with RM to add my address, next day they replied stating it was added. Then another day later and I could find my address on the Royal Mail address finder. Then within weeks and few months it started popping on website's address finders etc.

Associate
OP
bt's different departments really do not know how to work together. i was told my order had gone through when i ordered last week then i was transfered to a fttp section to be told they had no clue about anything being set up then while i was on the phone openreach turned up and started pulling through the fibre to the front door :confused:
least my postcode is registered with the post office now and my postcode is showing on bt's website to check availability but when i select it it just spins its nuts off. have not got a clue if i still have to order my isp package when everything goes live.
i have received a virtual assistant and a reference number and the text says they will be in contact within 5 days which im really looking forward to because the automated service on the phone is a joke in itself :):o

Associate
OP
i have had a text come through to my phone off bt's virtual assistant saying i can order internet now :D found out that bt did not set up a contract regarding my service so im free to go with whoever. wondering if there are any cash back deals regarding fttp ? i have found bts 300 50Mb to be the cheapest but does anyone know a service provider cheaper or even distributes packages to fttp thanks.

Back
Top Bottom