Stand-alone Camera for filming from inside of parked car

Associate
Hi all,

Does anyone know of a motion activated camera that I can put inside my car (preferably battery powered, and not connected to the car) and point it out of the rear view window?

It may sound like a stupid request, but my car has been sat at home recently on a normally quiet street, however, there has been building work going on in the street and it has gained several scuff marks that I am not entirely happy with - therefore it would be good to have a camera as both a deterrent, and as a way of clearly catching what's left some particularly obvious damage to my car.

The alternative would have to be something long range (10m+ range?) and through a window (no handy trees nearby on which to perch one of those 'wildlife cams').

Neighbours have seen nothing, car is not parked in anyone's way...

Any suggestions? Or should I just spent a day hiding in the boot to jump out and go "A-HA!!!" at some old dear who has a vendetta against me and has been doing wheelies against my car in her mobility scooter?

Cheers!

Associate
OP

Could easily do 10m of wireless range, can check yourself before you buy and see if your phone can pick up your wifi network from the car?
Yes, the wireless reaches the car (or at least reaches my phone in the car) which is... surprising, but nice?

I wasn't intending to mount anything outside (just out of laziness, I guess) but rather point them through a window - would the Arlo do that? Although to be fair, it doesn't look too much hassle to put up...

Soldato
Yes, the wireless reaches the car (or at least reaches my phone in the car) which is... surprising, but nice?

I wasn't intending to mount anything outside (just out of laziness, I guess) but rather point them through a window - would the Arlo do that? Although to be fair, it doesn't look too much hassle to put up...

I Cant guarantee the motion detector will work thru glass as never tried. mine are mounted outside and work great however.

Back
Top Bottom