• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Standout cards over the years?

Soldato
What have been the landmark, best cards of their time over the last, say, 15 years? Two that come to mind for me are the ati 9800 pro, and then the 6800GT series from nvidia. I never had the latter, but I recall it being THE card to have at the time and perhaps the first super powerful card to really transform modern gaming?

ryu

ryu

Associate
voodoo 2? yes the 9800 pro, i remember that being extremely popular, the 8800gtx i think might be placed in this category, ive had all of these 3

Soldato
OP
How is that 5850, Merlin5? :)

Outstanding cards will include the 8800gtx / 9700pro / Voodoo.

Don't know yet. Won't get it till tuesday, but did get this today. :cool:

Dear Mr , Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped.
----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Shipped:
£95.82 x 1 - Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 Extreme 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card **OcUK Exclusive**

----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Shipped By: FREE SHIPPING (DX Secure Next Day).

Soldato
From the cards I've owned and the ones I know about since 1997.

Nvidia = 8800GTX - card lasted me around 2 years, loved it especially as the IQ was as good as ATI's for a change.

ATI/AMD = 5850 - clocked well within 5870 speeds, run very cool and low power consumption.

Back
Top Bottom