Star Trek London event

Soldato
So I'd like to go to this http://www.startreklondon.com/

I'm looking at the tickets, and and cheapest option gets you in the door but to see any of the captains you have to pay huge amounts of money which I'm not willing to spend.

Has anyone been to one of these events and if so did you see any cool stuff?

Soldato
3k for a VIP pass?...wow would rather just buy almost everything to do with star trek than just go and see half of the people that probably wont even show up :p

Soldato
3k for a VIP pass?...wow would rather just buy almost everything to do with star trek than just go and see half of the people that probably wont even show up :p

Aw i dont know.. You never know what the VIP Pass includes.. I would certainly pay it if it gave me an afternoon romp session with Jerri Ryan, Marina Sirtis, Chase Masterson and Jolene Blalock...

Actually where do i sign up!

Associate
I'm quite keen to go to this myself not to sure what 29quid will actually get you never been to one but recently reaffirmed my love of star trek so may have a punt I'm not one to turn up in a Starfleet uniform types though.

Soldato
I went with my dad a couple of years ago even though i have no interest in startrek. It was quite fun though. they had motion simulators with all different stuff going down, i didn't really care for the props or anything but if you like that its worth a nudge. I just hope it hasn't got worse over the years.

Permabanned
I have never watched star trek (any of it, except the latest movie which i didn't finish)

I recently downloaded all the star terk movies in 720p and started watching them in the order and it was pretty boring. I am not sure if i will watch them all. I was reading up on them and people say that some are far better than others. Maybe the more recent ones are less boring.

Soldato
This looks very cool! Got a mate all ready to come over from Ireland for it :D

I have never watched star trek (any of it, except the latest movie which i didn't finish)

I recently downloaded all the star terk movies in 720p and started watching them in the order and it was pretty boring. I am not sure if i will watch them all. I was reading up on them and people say that some are far better than others. Maybe the more recent ones are less boring.

The films are the worst place to start! Other than the latest one, they really are not made for the uniformed viewer, no character development happens or anything like that (that's what the tv show was for). They are more like 2 hours long episodes for the fans to watch in public once in a while.

Plus the order of awesome is voyage home, wrath of Khan, first contact, the undiscovered country, generations/insurrection, nemesis, search for spock, final frontier with the original motion picture rock bottom last! (can't really include the new one in a film ranking right now but as a guess it's about 5th)

Anyway just get into the main tv show and leave the films...

Permabanned
tv show ? which one is that enterprise ?

Why do you recommend watching the movies in a strange order? People said that wratch of kahn was best. So i basically skipped the first one because it was realy boring. plus the special fx is just lame, the slow dramatic music and the spaceship is going realy slow across the screen it must have been epic at the time, but i feel like saying, "i know its a model" just kills it.

Associate
tv show ? which one is that enterprise ?

Why do you recommend watching the movies in a strange order? People said that wratch of kahn was best. So i basically skipped the first one because it was realy boring. plus the special fx is just lame, the slow dramatic music and the spaceship is going realy slow across the screen it must have been epic at the time, but i feel like saying, "i know its a model" just kills it.

Are you talking about the first movie there or Wrath of Kahn? Hope the former as Wrath of Kahn is an awesome movie no matter how old it is, ditto star trek 6.

You must be pretty young to not have had any star trek exposure! God that makes me feel old. Grew up watching TNG.

Back
Top Bottom