Star Trek: Picard

Meh, after the last load of horse excrement served up in episodic form, I am not allowing myself to be tricked by tiny snippets they have released. I suspect I will watch an episode or two to give it a chance but it's still the ******* creation of Kurtzman and will be more woke crap with a thin and 20% different veneer of Star Trek.

Caporegime
Was more surprised to see q not digitally de-aged, though I suppose its not out till next year, might not have many effects done with what they have yet. That's assuming they do de-age him.

Soldato
I like the fact that Q is 'old' but I still feel, and I'll always think of Patrick Stewart at JLP, they should have taken the opportunity to put a younger actor in as JLP.

Patrick Stewart isn't exactly young and while he's still a great actor they could have taken it in so many more directions with a 'younger bodied' but experienced JLP.

Having to wait to 2022 is a bit of a pain though....suppose I'll have to see what sort of mess ST Discovery is in season 4.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I like the fact that Q is 'old' but I still feel, and I'll always think of Patrick Stewart at JLP, they should have taken the opportunity to put a younger actor in as JLP.

Patrick Stewart isn't exactly young and while he's still a great actor they could have taken it in so many more directions with a 'younger bodied' but experienced JLP.

Having to wait to 2022 is a bit of a pain though....suppose I'll have to see what sort of mess ST Discovery is in season 4.

Perhaps Tom Hardy could have come back as a younger JLP...

Commissario
Was more surprised to see q not digitally de-aged, though I suppose its not out till next year, might not have many effects done with what they have yet. That's assuming they do de-age him.

Given his first comment is that Picard is a bit older than he'd imagined, I can quite see Q adjusting his look as well (or that will be the explanation), given his look did vary a bit in TNG and then again in DS9.

Caporegime
Given his first comment is that Picard is a bit older than he'd imagined, I can quite see Q adjusting his look as well (or that will be the explanation), given his look did vary a bit in TNG and then again in DS9.

I was expecting him to come in looking young, then comment on how old picard is then alter himself to look as old. Would be a q thing to do. :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I was expecting him to come in looking young, then comment on how old picard is then alter himself to look as old. Would be a q thing to do. :p
Yeah, that would be cool and make sense. That way no need to spend budget on much deaging.

But with the quality of writers this show has, who are we kidding.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Think I'd prefer some sort of 'unknown' actor similar to how they recast Spock (think they did ok there considering how iconic Nimoy was/is) rather than picking a 'known' actor.

Yes I suppose, Hardy was still a relatively unknown star back then, but it would be a good tie-in.

Soldato
Meh, after the last load of horse excrement served up in episodic form, I am not allowing myself to be tricked by tiny snippets they have released. I suspect I will watch an episode or two to give it a chance but it's still the ******* creation of Kurtzman and will be more woke crap with a thin and 20% different veneer of Star Trek.
Surely you realise Star Trek was ‘woke’ long before someone invented the pointless term?

Back on topic, looking forward to season 2 even if the ending of season 1 was totally naff.

Soldato
Surely you realise Star Trek was ‘woke’ long before someone invented the pointless term?

Back on topic, looking forward to season 2 even if the ending of season 1 was totally naff.
To be fair, the 'old' star trek had a bit more 'class' in the way they raised issues, although at the same time I can't really think of anything too bad in picard, discovery on the other hand ....

Old star trek - thing that springs to mind is Guinan and JLP talking about slavery in context to data being property so they can cut him up to make more of him etc.

Commissario
To be fair, the 'old' star trek had a bit more 'class' in the way they raised issues, although at the same time I can't really think of anything too bad in picard, discovery on the other hand ....

Old star trek - thing that springs to mind is Guinan and JLP talking about slavery in context to data being property so they can cut him up to make more of him etc.
Original Star Trek was extremely blunt about some things, a Black Woman on the bridge having an important job, or worse kissing the handsome white leading man ;)
Or the black and white people that were fighting based on which side of their bodies was black and which was white.
Or the fact they had a Russian on the bridge, in the middle of the cold war.

There were so many things that were considered quite radical at the time, and even more that were deliberately subversive in terms of how they played it.

I always laugh at people that complain modern star trek is pushing a political agender/too left/too woke or whatever, and that it should go back to how it was, mainly because it's literally been that way since the first broadcast episode.

Back
Top Bottom