Star Trek : Strange New Worlds

Soldato
I didnt realise that it was set a fair bit after Discovery (Before they jumped 1000 years) judging by his aged look but i guess it stands to reason that Kirk would never have taken the captains chair of the Enterprise if Pike had not been severely injured as per the original timeline.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I didnt realise that it was set a fair bit after Discovery (Before they jumped 1000 years) judging by his aged look but i guess it stands to reason that Kirk would never have taken the captains chair of the Enterprise if Pike had not been severely injured as per the original timeline.

The backstory to the Original Series episode "The Menagerie" has Kirk taking over before Pike's accident on the cadet ship. The accident didn't happen until 2266, Kirk took command of the Enterprise in 2264 or '65.

Caporegime
This actually has the potential to be the startrek that the Orville got pretty right.

A ton of clever political commentary single story arc episodes.

No huge ammounts of name dropping, good looking, doesn't need to be woke or utterly unbelievable, disco wins that ****.

If it's good, good. If it's not whatever, dont care.

Soldato
The backstory to the Original Series episode "The Menagerie" has Kirk taking over before Pike's accident on the cadet ship. The accident didn't happen until 2266, Kirk took command of the Enterprise in 2264 or '65.

Ah really? Its been that long since i watched tho, i seem to remember pike was the captain in the pilot but got replaced by kirk due to his accident and he appears later in the wheelchair..

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Ah really? Its been that long since i watched tho, i seem to remember pike was the captain in the pilot but got replaced by kirk due to his accident and he appears later in the wheelchair..

The timeline, AFAIK:

2254 - setting for the original Trek pilot episode "The Cage".
2257 - setting for STD season 2.
2258 - the last episode of STD season 2, after the Enterprise has been repaired following the battle against Control.
2258-64 - the time period SNW can be set in if it's to go between STD S2 and TOS.
2264-5 - Kirk assumes command of the Enterprise for the five year mission depicted in TOS.
2266 - Pike suffers his accident.
2267 - TOS two-part episode "The Menagerie" set here. Uses footage from "The Cage" to explain Spock's actions in bringing the injured Pike to Talos IV.

Soldato
That’s a good explanation thank you. I was under the impression, and it’s highly likely to be my goldfish brain, that one of the events in STD was the incident that caused Pike to be injured but was negated due to certain events in the show changing the timeline.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
That’s a good explanation thank you. I was under the impression, and it’s highly likely to be my goldfish brain, that one of the events in STD was the incident that caused Pike to be injured but was negated due to certain events in the show changing the timeline.

He's shown a vision of what's to come in one episode which might be what you're thinking of.

Soldato
He's shown a vision of what's to come in one episode which might be what you're thinking of.

Aye he is shown a vision and basically given the choice to accept fate and let things continue or try to change matters, and Pike being Pike does the right thing, and sucks it up for later.

Soldato
Hope this isn't a let down....

how does she get cast? is it because her mum seems to be famous in america, and this young lady seems to tick a lot of boxes, well all of them really.

I know right; you would think they would get some proper actors but instead they cast some bloke with famous grandparents to play Spock, the token-Brit from Enfield and some guy that's supposedly fluent in French AND!!!!111 Portuguese - you just can't make this up can you @arknor. Absolute shocking scenes!

Back
Top Bottom