Star Trek : Strange New Worlds

Soldato
They saw we liked how pike was and they turned him into a show, and thankfully going with episodic episodes like most of old trek and thats what a lot of us miss, plus they act more professional instead of raw cadets in this.

Hopefully this show does miles better for em than discovery that there forced to do more of new worlds type trek in the future and maybe cancel discovery to put the money into more new worlds or another show thats like new worlds format.

Im still hoping for a show thats based on voyagers timeline but set in the alpha quadrant as thats not been touched on much except ds9 dominion war but near the mid point of the shows run i think of voy, the war ended so could pick it up from that, it would be interesting to see how the feds recovered from such losses.

Or a show that after the dom war, we see the feds exploring the gamma quadrant more now that the dominion wont interfere with exploring it anymore. And maybe see a cameo of sisko at some point. That would be cool.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I watched ep 2 and 3 and I don't hate it.
2 was a lot better than 3 but it was ok...

Pikes good, very kirkish. Feels good.

It still can fail hard if it starts persuing a crappy Dr storyline that is more personal drama than spaceships.
.if it gets the balance right it'll be fine. If it gets preachy then urgggh.

Soldato
They seriously need to slow down the storytelling. I know Discovery's issue was the lack of character building with anonymous bridge crew even though they loved to pat each other on the back, but we're 3 episodes in and we've explored the past trauma of 5 characters already. Span it out a little bit!

fez

fez

Caporegime
Seems pretty good so far. Still not sure I love this whole "we are a super advanced civilisation and yet half our crew members seems like slightly angsty teenagers" vibe. Thats one of the good things about the old show, you could believe that these people were from an advanced civilisation and they still had personalities without having to show them with very obvious cues.

Hard to truly rate it due to the utter dross that was discovery and picard.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Watched the first one was OK and I agree was too shiny, Pike is very good and has a nice Hareem on the bridge going on got to hit the Wokometer.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Just read the blurb for tomorrow's episode:

Memory Alpha said:
While on a routine supply mission to a colony planet, the USS Enterprise comes under an attack from an unknown malevolent force. Pike brings all his heart and experience to bear in facing the crisis, but the security officer warns him that the enemy cannot be dealt with by conventional Starfleet means.

So it's a La'an Noonien-Singh :rolleyes: episode.

lr5dNwQ.gif

***edit***

Can't wait for the 'reveal' that she's tied up in some way with Section 31. That'd be the pee-flavoured icing on the urinal cake.

Man of Honour
Just read the blurb for tomorrow's episode:

So it's a La'an Noonien-Singh :rolleyes: episode.

lr5dNwQ.gif

***edit***

Can't wait for the 'reveal' that she's tied up in some way with Section 31. That'd be the pee-flavoured icing on the urinal cake.

At least she is doing her job as security officer then I guess. Which appears to be more than Tasha Yar did, her role was pretty much to walk about looking hot (which she did well :) ) , bang an android and then promptly get killed by slime. :D

JRS

JRS

Soldato
@Tombstone - yeah, instead we have a security officer who in three episodes so far:

1) Did nothing of note
2) Did nothing of note
3) Endangered the whole crew by trying to cause a warp core breach while under the influence of the Problem Of The Week™, then had a gratuitous chick fight with a senior officer, then wangsted about how hard it is to have Khan as your ancestor

'Woo'.

Back
Top Bottom