1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by agnes, 22 Nov 2016.

1. Kainz

Capodecina

Is this the one where you’re a noob Jedi trainee wannabe at the start and you’re in a class with others taught by Luke and Kyle something?

2. ICEx21

Wise Guy

Honestly I thought this day would never come, I'm more than excited and it'll definitely be a day one purchase for me. This was the first RPG I ever played and I was just sucked into the story!

3. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

no

4. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

Nice, I’m in.

Out of all the games they could remaster this has to be one of them!

5. ic1male

Caporegime

That's Jedi Academy.

6. Bubo

Soldato

I wonder what they will do with the swoop bike races in the original, did anyone actually enjoy them? Thank god for that mod which made every course into a dead straight line, no way would I have bothered with them after that first planet without that.

7. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

? The swoop races were all in straight lines. Tbh yea i didnt like em too much either but i did like the sense of achievement from getting first place after a few runs of each.

8. Bubo

Soldato

Maybe the mod just removed all the speed reducing obstacles then, anyway without the mod the subgame as it was exceeded my personal "worth it" to "sense of achievement" ratio by some considerable margin :)

9. eggyoke

Mobster

I got a nice surprise when this popped up, I'd heard rumours but didn't think much of it. But it has got me thinking about what it would be like, and I have some concerns.

It needs more than simple modernising, as a nextgen title it needs completely re-doing sympathetically around the original plot and characters. Like from the ground up, everything needs re-doing. Even writing needs expanding because taking what was in the original 1:1 and dumping it into a super realistic game doesn't work. It needs to be bespoke tailored to the new pacing and game design and, well, just made better in many cases (like sidequests, character loyalty system etc.)

The worry is the developer Aspyr. As far as I know they've never actually made a game of their own, instead they've only ever ported games across platforms. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. I really wish they held off announcing the remake until they had something to show because it sounds like it's still really early in development.

But you never know, they could knock it out of the park. I really hope they do because Kotor was an incredible experience back in the day.

10. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

https://www.starwars.com/news/knights-of-the-old-republic-remake

Talks a bit of meh at the start but about half way down they talk about whos involved like some original kotor devs some bioware devs some devs from dragonage etc.

11. Mucky_Pup

Mobster

Will try to remain optimistic about this, but after reading about the character and calibre of one of the writers they've chosen to give this too, it will be seriously cautious optimism.

12. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Indeed. This will never live up to the hype. Just make a sequel already. This is a great way to ruin a classic.

13. VincentHanna

Capodecina

?

14. b0rn2sk8

Sgarrista

Isn’t the point of the remake that they don’t change the story or the characters?

Basically new engine, graphics sound and animations but don’t touch anything else because it isn’t broken.

15. Mucky_Pup

Mobster

16. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

Oh no, a feminist! What ever will we neckbeards do?!!!

17. Jay85

Sgarrista

Nice i remember playing this through Uni and stayed up many nights with my roommates blasting through it. Hopefully they don't move away from the original storyline...

18. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Is that it? Somebody who liked Force Awakens and The last jedi and is a feminist?

I don't think Last Jedi is a particularly good movie, but it's better than Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

19. Noxia

Sgarrista

I loved this game. Got it on a whim with an Xbox way back when. I didn't know anything about it which probably helped, I kinda miss the days of relying on magazines.
    I don't recall much about it other than one party member was called Bastilla or something

20. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Bastila vo actress was the voice u hear on the new teaser btw.