***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Soldato
Meh, Bethesda haven't made anything good since Fallout Vegas

I'd say Skyrim was a huge hit. I sunk (and am still sinking in hours here and there) hundreds, if not thousands at this point into it. It's one of the most popular games of all time.... Oblivion before that was even better.

Fallout 4, I have no comparison, I never liked the Fallout settings. Fallout 76... I'm hoping they learned their lesson.

So given that track record, I'm a little hopeful for this. As long as it's not based on that god awful outdated engine.

Associate
I'd say Skyrim was a huge hit. I sunk (and am still sinking in hours here and there) hundreds, if not thousands at this point into it. It's one of the most popular games of all time.... Oblivion before that was even better.

Fallout 4, I have no comparison, I never liked the Fallout settings. Fallout 76... I'm hoping they learned their lesson.

So given that track record, I'm a little hopeful for this. As long as it's not based on that god awful outdated engine.

Skyrim was almost like a time machine for me: I'd sit down at night for a quick hour, then before I knew it the sun was starting to come up. More recently I tried ESO but never really got in to it. I thought that maybe I'd changed but tried Skyrim Special Edition and loved it.

I'm looking forward to Starfield.

Associate
SO MUCH WANT!!!!
I found Skyrim meh, but an SF RPG from those guys? Ooh mama!
The devs are prob chasing soundbites, but when they describe it as 'A Han Solo simulator'? Sign me up!
I might be done with my ME:LE playthroughs by Nov 2022...

Associate
Starfield has also been described as "NASA meets Indiana Jones meets the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" - Harrison Ford cameo a possibility? Would love something like that.

At least it sounds like it will be a fun game.

Soldato
Starfield has also been described as "NASA meets Indiana Jones meets the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" - Harrison Ford cameo a possibility? Would love something like that.

At least it sounds like it will be a fun game.

There are rumours that after Keanu Reeves was revealed as the face of Cyberpunk 2077, that Tom Cruise got involved in Starfield. The devs certainly tweeted out an offer to him, and he's supposed to be going into space for the next Mission Impossible film.

Caporegime
Can't wait for Todd Howard's presentation(s) about how there is 16 times more detail and it's the most work they have put into a game.........:p

Associate
Big reservations about this, whenever BGS have strayed beyond their usual big single player open world games they have failed (FO76, ES Redguard). It's asking a lot to come up with a new IP and change from being a grounded RPG to a spacefaring RPG.

I play Elder Scrolls for the fantasy setting and lore, and the sword and shields.
I play Fallout for the harshness, the gross and the witty social commentary.
What is this IP bringing to the table? Just going out and exploring, because I'm not sure that's enough to keep me interested. Early days, I know.

Bethesda are really going to have to pull something out of the bag here. I love Fallout 4 but even I'll admit the art direction is a bit stale. And that ship, robot and planet didn't exactly look like a place I want to spend hundreds of hours in. The concept art looks interesting but not sure how well it meshes with the more realistic teaser video.

Man, it depresses me to know I'll probably only play one or two more ES/FO games in my lifetime. I wish they weren't doing this game, or handing Fallout back to Obsidian (who Microsoft also own). I also wish they never did FO76 *sigh*

Soldato
I look forward to spending a couple hundred hours playing and thousands of hours modding, unmodding, fixing things I've broken by installing and uninstalling said mods. It is after all a Bethesda game and this is the traditional way to play :p :D

Associate
Have to say I prefer fantasy RPGs. Never got into the Fallout series despite having bought most of them (when on offer, the story of my Steam library!)
Some of ES lore is a bit crazy now, but it is familiar.
I would give TW3 as having better lore, but the open world and mods part I found to be severely lacking.
Knowing B-Soft, the game will be half finished and full of Bugs (hence B-Soft), but the community will swing behind it and fix them (eventually). So maybe I'll wait a bit before trying it out until there is a Wabbajack full mod collection.

Associate
I look forward to spending a couple hundred hours playing and thousands of hours modding, unmodding, fixing things I've broken by installing and uninstalling said mods. It is after all a Bethesda game and this is the traditional way to play :p :D
Yes, this is why I said that I'd wait until Wabbajack mod collections are out so I don't have to worry about the dark art of hundreds of mods + stability!
Thanks in advance to the Wabbajack mod collectors!

Soldato
Game engine looks good with a lot more detail just a shame they (they being Todd Howard!) have zero interests in remastering Fallouts 3 + 4 in this newer game engine :rolleyes: The Pitt (from Fallout 3) is being remastered into Fallout 76 early 2022 & it looks pretty good for free content in the main game as a side expedition location to visit.

Permabanned
And they didn't make that... That was Obsidian.

Right, I'm always getting that wrong.

Turns out they had 18 months to make it, and the deal was they'd get royalties if the game scored at least 85% on metacritic.

It received 84%. Wounding.

Okay so Skyrim was a good game for sure and sold by the truck load. But coming from Oblivion (or Morrowind), you understand it's easy to put Skyrim in its shadow. And since Skyrim we got FO4, which was utter garbage. They basically changed a winning formula into an open world FPS with pointless base building, whilst trying to masquerade it as the RPG it used to be. Total mess of a game and a massive disappointment.

Then there's the MMO. I know nothing of it, but I'd wager it must be pretty decent and it's probably the reason we've been absent another Elder Scrolls since Skyrim. And honestly I'm not all that optimistic for the trailer we saw a few years back, but would be mildly hyped just because it's been so bloody long.

And not forgetting FO76 of course. The buggy nightmare with zero NPC interaction lol. Action RPG then, just like FO4.

So you see, I don't think their track record over the last decade is anything to inspire confidence. Seems to me they're drifting away from their RPG roots and catering more for the 'gun-ho' crowd these days.

I'll also blame Bethesda for modern day micro-transactions as I reckon they started it all with that horse armour ;)

Can't wait for Todd Howard's presentation(s) about how there is 16 times more detail and it's the most work they have put into a game.........:p

:D Which game was that in reference to?

Other sound bites.

'Radiant AI'
'Infinite Quests'
'Over 200 endings'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom