***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

Soldato
This can't be any worse then Bethesda's recent releases. If the game gets tons of hype and wall to wall press coverage that's a bad sign for gamers imo given recent releases that were over exposed and under delivered.

If they tout this as Skyrim in space, what's not to like. I'm sold. Hope it aint pants.
Indeed.

Skyrim however is a game with bow and arrows, swords, axes, and magic. This alone can make a game cool, and swapping them for guns, especially in Bethesda rpg games, I am yet to see work in the same satisfying way.

Having the legendary one true sword of (insert person) that you quest to go get just feels so much more fun than having a stronger gun.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Same thing, nothing stopping you stealing a laser gun ultimate sun power from Mad scientist Drago, rather than ultimate sword of sun power from mad wizzard Drago...

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Not been a decent sensible sci-fi game since Effect 2 the majority of goes BSC (bat **** crazy) after one level. Due to the devs having the attention span of a nat.

Soldato
Indeed.

Skyrim however is a game with bow and arrows, swords, axes, and magic. This alone can make a game cool, and swapping them for guns, especially in Bethesda rpg games, I am yet to see work in the same satisfying way.

Having the legendary one true sword of (insert person) that you quest to go get just feels so much more fun than having a stronger gun.

Depends what does it for you, I like Skyrim don't get me wrong, think it's a great game. But bows and arrows and swords are not my thing.

No where near as fun as an automatic rifle with explosive rounds in slow motion whilst high on on psycho jet.

Soldato
This sounds great, but just like every other AAA title released recently it's going to be talked up like crazy but on release it's going to be an absolute turd. It doesn't help that it's also going to be on console too, so when you couple that with the fact that it'll be dumbed down to buggery to appease the idiot generation it's going to be a massive disappointment. Oh, and it's Bethesda. So yeah, there's that too.

Man of Honour
I’ll be happy if it’s just fallout 3/4 in space. Hopefully with MS’s cash there’ll be more QA before release. Bethesda have one hell of a great track record, although their more recent direction does have me a little more concerned than I’d usually be. I’ve never been particularly fussed by a few Bethesda bugs, their usually pretty comical.

Soldato
It looks like this is the first episode in a new dev diary series. Don't get excited though - there's **** all new info in it. Still... less than a year to go now. :o

They would be wise to not have a hype train behind this and just let it be... Hype almost always ends in very upset and very disappointed gamers lol. Then comes the bashing, oh the bashing...

Back
Top Bottom