***The Official Starfield Thread*** (As endorsed by TNA)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
At least those with Xbox gamepass will be able to jus play it that way so I am happy to try that.

Excellent. Will do a month for £1 again :)

Only way I buy it in release is if it is available for £35 or under at CDKeys, as chances are it will be buggy on release. I can always play it on games pass on release and then wait for the GOTY version to come out on steam and buy that :D

Soldato
I do wonder how they'll implement flight.
I'm conscious that whatever they choose, chances are that someone is going to complain.
Make it too simplistic, and the Elite/Star Cit players won't be happy
Make it too difficult, and the Skyrim/Fallout players won't be happy.

Problably as simplistic as they've implemented the combat, stealth and building mechanics in Fallout, Skyrim and so on ... so a No Man Sky variant most likely.

Associate
I have a bug on the forum so can't see dates/time at moment at work so didn't realise the age but it just seems a silly comment set in another games thread.

Not really - 2 space games, both in development for a huge amount of time, both at the time of the quoted comment, without a release date. One still without a release window decade let alone an actual date.....

Soldato
Seems like a reoccuring theme nowadays. "Big" game gets announced, drum up excitement, drip feed little bits of info, artwork, etc then announce a delay because "we want to get it right / make it the best ever". Here's an idea, maybe you don't announce it until you're a bit further on in the development. I'm sure half the time they just do it to get people talking.

Associate
Bit strange given how they promoted the 11.11. release date so heavily. Surely they must have had some clue that it wasnt going to be ready..then again its Bethesda so probably not.

Caporegime
im quite looking forward to this, i think i will most likely buy this over Star Citizen..

Well Star Citizen needs a true competitor.

When playing in our org we use one of their large ships, i like going to the top deck, the cartography deck, there is an airlock access on that level that leads to the outside, its the top of the hanger doors which has gravity plating, i just stand there as this 160m long ship is manoeuvring and quantum jumping around in space, around huge planets and space stations.
I call it Carrack surfing, its ####'ing awesome, none of the other space games allow you this level of freedom, this level of sci-fi immersion.

Star Field has a lot to live up to, and i hope it does :)

Back
Top Bottom