Stargåte Origins coming soon

Caporegime
No Christopher Judge, Amanda Tapping*, Richard Dean Anderson or Don Davis (RIP) :(

*was nice to see her briefly in a show I'm currently watching (Travelers).

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Not sure why they are bothering really, we heard from the SG1 tv series actors the budget and special effects/CGI were off the charts but worth it.

Not surprised this is low budget and appears to be filmed in tents in the sand, I think they knew a year ago when Independence day II flopped, it just meant
no budget or room for the Stargate reboot.

A big budget trilogy film may have done it justice, but tbh there are millions of tv episodes that cover it to the point its beating a dead horse.

Maybe in 20-30 years time it may deserve a reboot....

Soldato
Not sure why they are bothering really, we heard from the SG1 tv series actors the budget and special effects/CGI were off the charts but worth it.

Not surprised this is low budget and appears to be filmed in tents in the sand, I think they knew a year ago when Independence day II flopped, it just meant
no budget or room for the Stargate reboot.

A big budget trilogy film may have done it justice, but tbh there are millions of tv episodes that cover it to the point its beating a dead horse.

Maybe in 20-30 years time it may deserve a reboot....

Meh SG1 with terrible CGI/props still is watchable.

Caporegime
Looks terrible. :D :D :D :D

Just look at the movement of the chevron locking ... what is going on there?! :D

giphy.gif

Probably just pre-production stuff tossed into the trailer, Trek Discovery had a similar trailer with a really low budget version of the ship in it.

Man of Honour
Looks like its only available currently via Stargate Command? I'm assuming that works in the UK?

EDIT: Misunderstood a few things but that website is atrocious and totally broken LOL. Which so far matches the acting in the series.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like its only available currently via Stargate Command? I'm assuming that works in the UK?

EDIT: Misunderstood a few things but that website is atrocious and totally broken LOL. Which so far matches the acting in the series.
Yeah I went to the website this morning and tried to sign up figuring it would be a US only thing. I registered fine but have since been awaiting a confirmation email. I lost patience...

Man of Honour
First 3 episodes are free on there once you get it working which was a bit confusing - at first it kept prompting me to pay through the app, then the site was constantly timing out and a lot of menu items did nothing when clicked on and I got a bunch of odd emails, eventually I could get episode 2 to play but nothing else and now it seems to have given me access to everything.

Can't say I'm very impressed though - watched all 3 episodes - it needs a lot of work - half the time its like the actors are reading off a script the other half like they are trying to get their lines out before they wet themselves.

Caporegime
I don't understand, why bother making this if it's just going to be crap? At least put a little effort in!! Best thing about this is the Stargate movie they made viewable for free on YouTube...

XPE

XPE

Soldato
I don't understand, why bother making this if it's just going to be crap? At least put a little effort in!! Best thing about this is the Stargate movie they made viewable for free on YouTube...

The franchise has value and this is a cheap attempt to milk.

Back
Top Bottom