Steam Sale started today

Man of Honour
Havent seen anything yet in the sale which looks like a decent price that I don't already have anyway but didn't see a thread on it and some may not know that the "sale" has started

Soldato
Was hoping Hell Let Loose got a discount, it hasn't. However, both Squad and Insurgency: Sandstorm with 50% & 30% off respectively have definitely piqued my interest.

Soldato
Was hoping Hell Let Loose got a discount, it hasn't. However, both Squad and Insurgency: Sandstorm with 50% & 30% off respectively have definitely piqued my interest.

Both are at great points to jump on as now polished, but with a lot of extra features also coming to both in the near future.

Caporegime
This is the first time ever I'm giving the sales a "meh" and will wait until Christmas to see where I'm at. Not in the mood for spending on games that I'll probably never play. But I also think that Game Pass is now a factor - would rather pay for that now than buy games outright.

Soldato
Got enough to play until CP2077 comes out.

Will probably go with a subscription after that now that sales have gone ****.

I mean Frostpunk has been on offer for £12.99 intermittently all year (it's on my watch list so get an email every time it goes on sale) and it's that price again. What's the point, just sell it at that price and do a PROPER sale when the time comes.

Man of Honour
OP
One game that might have tempted me is Total War Three Kingdoms, got it on my wishlist and been hoping it might pop up with a significant discount in a sale somewhere but £4 off? I mean whats the point. Thats not what I consider a sale price. If it had been £30, I'd have pulled the trigger on a buy but dropping it from £45 to £41 is meaningless.

And as for their "Featured" sales...Astroneer reduced by £6 to £18 just weeks after MS plopped it onto their Gamepass for £1. How can you have a "featured" sale, 25% off, of something that you can pick up for a quid elsewhere. I've said it before and I will say it again, Steam needs to get with the picture because imo they are way off the pace at the moment and are in danger of becoming nothing more than a game vault rather than a game purchasing choice.

Soldato
Now that the client is actually responding, I clicked on the Summer Sale banner and got sent to some ******* retarded thing about a race betwixt some animals. What the **** is this ****?

Soldato
The sales haven't been interesting since they did away with 8 hour flash sales, I guess when it comes to sale surprise mechanics are a good thing

There's a bunch of decent deals but with me getting that Xbox PC pass, I've got a library of games to last me for ages

Transport Fever for £6.74
Holdfast: Nations at War for £5.99
Medieval Kingdom Wars for £11.24
Starpoint Gemini Warlords for £5.39
Homeworld Remastered for £5.39

Seem to be the best deals off my wishlist, disappointed X4:Foundations is only 25% and Kenshi is only 20% and there's quite a few games not even on sale

Soldato
The "race" thing, I got over 1000 tokens for playing Stardew Valley for 30 minutes completing some of those quests, seems to be an unlimited amount of times you can complete so you could technically get £5 off next purchase by playing your games for 7 & half hours as you need 15,000 tokens for the £5 off

I used to like the flash sales, always seemed to be something interesting each 24 hours in them. No idea why they stopped doing those.

It'll be down to money and some money dude suggesting they were losing potential sales by limiting the best deals to be randomly every 8 hours

Soldato
Nothing is ever 75% off these days and if it is it's usually a bit crap. Doesn't help when games have full prices of £50+ either.

It'll be down to money and some money dude suggesting they were losing potential sales by limiting the best deals to be randomly every 8 hours
And yet I can't remember the last time I bought a game specifically in a Steam sale since before they did away with them.

Associate
The "race" thing, I got over 1000 tokens for playing Stardew Valley for 30 minutes completing some of those quests, seems to be an unlimited amount of times you can complete so you could technically get £5 off next purchase by playing your games for 7 & half hours as you need 15,000 tokens for the £5 off

Achievements you've already earned from games in the past can be turned into points, you just need to play them for 30 minutes during the sale for them to be redeemable. Most games give way over 10K points if you've finished them. Much quicker than trying to complete those daily tasks.

Soldato
If you boost your team, does that then mean you lose all your boost meter capacity? It says I have 0 capacity, so does that mean if I played a game with achievements i'd not get any points?

Soldato
Might grab that Ape Out.

Was removed after the introduction of refunds as flash deals came up after folks had just bought a game at the normal sale price and the refunds were flying in so folks could rebuy at flash price. Admin nightmare.

There is a bunch of games on good discount on my wishlist but I just haven't played anything for a year really so finding hard to justify even a minor purchase...

Man of Honour
Oh neat. I think I still have some games from the last sale to play, but I will take a look. I always enjoy this sale as it starts right before my 9 week holiday.

Back
Top Bottom