Steel series arctis 3 v 5

Soldato
I can't really fault them. I have them hung up on the side of my desk constantly pluged in. I have a music profile set as default which has no illumination setting so they don't glow when I am not really using them - then have different colours depending on what game I'm playing so I can quickly look at the colour to ensure have the correct settings for that specific game. You can add games to whatever profile you like so it auto changes the profile when you boot a game up.

Pretty neat - the first time i put them on I felt like a god in terms of what I could hear reletive to my old, cheap headset. Comfortable for long periods and even when Iw ear my glasses.

That's great to know, what are the bass levels like? Do you have any settings to suggest in getting the most out of this headset?

Associate
OP
Bass is ok, not massive. If you like bass then play on the music preset but personally i find immersion or performance presents to be better for hearing footsteps.

Use stereo and not 7.1 as it's horrible

Associate
OP
You can but I'm not that sensitive to hearing that tweaking slightly then entering back in the game i can tell the difference. I struggle to tell the difference much from preset to preset which have extreme changes never mind fine tuning. To be fair they're pretty good out of the box really.

Let me kbow how you get on though, ha!

Soldato
Yeah will do, these are due to ship out to me today by the status so should be with me by the weekend hopefully where I can report back on my findings.

Soldato
You can but I'm not that sensitive to hearing that tweaking slightly then entering back in the game i can tell the difference. I struggle to tell the difference much from preset to preset which have extreme changes never mind fine tuning. To be fair they're pretty good out of the box really.

Let me kbow how you get on though, ha!

Well I've had this headset for little over a week now, out of the box they are spot on in all fairness with zero tweaking.

Music however does require a little tweak but I didn't buy this for that mostly gaming.

FPS games I can hear the enemy coming, almost super human hearing!

Associate
OP
Well I've had this headset for little over a week now, out of the box they are spot on in all fairness with zero tweaking.

Music however does require a little tweak but I didn't buy this for that mostly gaming.

FPS games I can hear the enemy coming, almost super human hearing!

Yeah it is a little unnatural in terms of over hearing. Made me realise how disadvantaged I was playing with a cheap headset

Soldato
I've read a lot of comments that these aren't good for music, but in all fairness I tweaked them a bit just now and they sound pretty darn good to me however not sure about the old versions. The 7.1 isn't great but again I suppose make your own pre-sets... simple to do.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Thread necro!!! A few comments here that stereo is better for gaming compared to the 7.1 function... if that's the case, is the Arctis 3 a better purchase?

Back
Top Bottom