Steelseries Apex M800 Keyboard

Associate
So, I've had a large number of keys break on my M800, I managed to get them to send me replacements relatively quickly (after some arguing as they've stopped the service outside of the US). However, not long after I received the new keys, my enter key and spacebar also broke! The caps become so brittle around the 2 year mark, the exact same issue happened to with my brother's keyboard too.

I just submitted another request for keycaps, but this time I received this...

We've conditionally approved your product for a warranty RMA. Your claim number is RMA-614843.

What this means is that your item's failure is tentatively accepted by our manufacturer's warranty including additional verification. Following the steps listed below correctly and as described will qualify you to receive a store credit valued at the current MSRP of your device on our webstore (steelseries.com). Approval can be receded at any stage of the RMA during a verification process, voiding any coupon that may have been issued. If you do not wish to destroy the product, please indicate so now for alternative options.

Before continuing:
  1. Read all of the instructions carefully before beginning. If you skip any of the steps, your request may be declined.
  2. Please check our webstore to ensure your product is available for purchase. If not, please let us know!
  3. Ensure your device has a serial number sticker visible and ready to photo. How to Find Serial Number. Failing to provide the serial number for verification will result in your coupon code being declined and your RMA closed.
  4. If you removed the serial sticker, STOP NOW and DO NOT proceed to destroy your item. If your serial is worn, STOP NOW and DO NOT proceed to destroy your item!

To ensure the quickest turnaround time, we will ask you to provide 'proof of destruction' in order to proceed with your claim.
Please follow all of these instructions:
  1. Destroy the device. Follow the listed instructions for your device.
    • Audio Product: Please break off the left ear cup completely. See the image here. Make sure the wires are completely severed. Please proceed slowly and carefully. We recommend using a pair of work gloves and glasses or safety goggles.
    • Mouse: Carefully and slowly peel back the mouse buttons one at a time and break them off completely. Please see the image here.
    • Controllers: Remove the batteries and pull out the springs from the battery compartment as shown in this image.
    • All other products: Please cut the cable near where it connects to the product. Cut the cable into 3 pieces.
    • Removable Batteries: Do not tamper with or destroy these.
  2. Take a few pictures of your destroyed device from multiple angles and attach to the ticket. Please make sure we can see the entire device and all broken parts.
  3. DO NOT SKIP - One of the pictures must have all of the following clearly visible in one photo:
    • The destroyed product with the destroyed parts and Serial Number (on the product) both visible.
    • A print-out of this email with the QR code visible.
  4. Type your device's serial number into your ticket response.

We look forward to seeing your destroyed product and thank you for your patience, cooperation, and sticking with us. If you have any questions about the process please see our Warranty RMA FAQ.

Once we review your attached photo, we will provide a coupon code for the value of the product on our webstore, with free shipping.

Please note that our agents may request additional proof of destruction photos from you at any point during the RMA process. This even includes after an RMA coupon code has been issued and an order has been placed on our webshop. Because of this, please DO NOT dispose of your destroyed product until the RMA process has been completed and you've received your replacement item in the mail.

Thanks for being a SteelSeries customer, we appreciate you!

Destroy the product? Seems a bit of an extreme RMA process to me... anyone else had this with Steelseries support?

Soldato
Had mine around 2 years and no issues at all with it. I don't actually like it though if I'm honest..

Never seen an RMA like that before, seems bizarre! most companies just say "keep the knackered thing or bin it - we don't care".

Back
Top Bottom