** STEELSERIES ARCTIS PRO HIGH FIDELITY GAMING HEADSETS NOW AVAILABLE **

OcUK Staff
Hi all,

Steelseries have just released the new additions to their Arctis range of headset's.

Arctis Pro + GameDAC delivers gaming’s first certified Hi-Res Audio system, ensuring you hear high-fidelity 96 kHz / 24 bit, full resolution audio at its purest, with no down-sampling. The gaming audio system includes the legendary ESS Sabre DAC and amp, guaranteeing your audio comes through with unsurpassed quality. Plus, Arctis Pro + GameDAC is designed with quality and luxury materials such as an aluminium alloy for lightness and strength as well as the the exclusive Arctis ski goggle headband and AirWeave performance fabric ear cushions. The Arctis Pro headset features a studio-quality ClearCast microphone for unparalleled voice clarity and background noise cancellation.

There are 3 flavours, the headset by itself, the headset and DAC and the wireless version.

Check them out below, the stock will be landing tomorrow. We've got headsets for our streaming setup in bound. Be sure to tune in on Tuesday and Thursday for our streaming teams impressions: https://www.twitch.tv/overclockersuk

You can also find a full guide to the product (Arctis PRO + Gaming DAC) and it's specifications HERE

Steelseries Arctis Pro USB High Fidelity Gaming Headset and GameDAC Amplifier Bundle @ £249.95 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Stee...t-and-GameDAC-Amplifier-Bundle-SP-09M-ST.html

Steelseries Arctis Pro Gaming Headset and GameDAC, GameDAC – dedicated DAC and headphone amp for gaming, Gaming’s first certified Hi-Res Audio system with 96 kHz/24 bit support, Audiophile-grade

Only £249.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Steelseries Arctis Pro USB High Fidelity Gaming Headset @ £179.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Stee...B-High-Fidelity-Gaming-Headset-SP-09K-ST.html

[URL="https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Steelseries-Arctis-Pro-USB-High-Fidelity-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-SP-09L-ST.html"] Steelseries Arctis Pro USB High Fidelity Wireless Gaming Headset @ £299.99 inc VAT
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Stee...delity-Wireless-Gaming-Headset-SP-09L-ST.html

Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless Gaming Headset, Dual-Wireless: 2.4G lossless + Bluetooth mobile audio, Industry-leading 40,000 Hz capable hi-res speaker drivers, Swappable dual-battery system

Only £299.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

SP09KST_182624_285x255.png
SP09KST_182625_285x255.png
SP09KST_182626_285x255.png
SP09KST_182627_285x255.png

[/URL]
Steelseries Arctis PRO Gaming Headset, Industry-leading 40,000 Hz capable Hi-Res speaker drivers, DTS Headphone:X v2.0 surround sound, ClearCast, the best mic in gaming, USB ChatMix dial

Only £179.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

OcUK Staff
Just had 10-15 minutes play around with a pair of these with the GameDAC Amp. To put it simply I'm blown away by the quality. It's hard to remember such a good first impression from a set of gaming headphones. I've already made it clear that I will be buying a pair of these to replace my Cloud Alphas that I've currently got at home. The sound quality is fantastic, positional audio is spot on, microphones are crisp and clear, plus the DAC just gives you an on the fly level of freedom to change your settings that makes all the difference. I will be using these on stream this evening (http://www.twitch.tv/overclockersuk) and am very much looking forward to seeing how they are over the course of a few hours of use. I'm confident they will be one of the best choices for gaming headsets in 2018 though!

Caporegime
Initially I balked at the price but having used them I can see complete justification in the quality of the product and the difference it makes for gaming.

Good to hear, I know you don't bull about the quality of a product for the sake of it. Just bought a set of Senn BT headphones or I'd jump on a set of these for general purpose :cool:

OcUK Staff
Which version of the product were you testing? :)

What Nik said. Having used them for around 90 minutes last night on stream, it only reaffirmed my thoughts that they are absolutely fantastic. Positional audio was a dream. I can imagine it will make a significant difference for games such as PUBG and Fortnite. I heard things playing The Division that I haven't even noticed before. I can't wait to get my own set and put them through the paces. Full disclosure, I have always had a soft spot for Steelseries. I use the M800 & Rival 700 as a daily both at work and home, but I've never truly rated their headphones until now. I use a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's at work (because I mostly listen to music) with some HyperX clouds for gaming at my desk, and some Cloud Alphas at home. I'll need to give the Pro's a proper listen for music, but for gaming they win hands down, no contest.

TLDR if you are on the fence, get off the bloody fence with your wallet and make a purchase, you won't regret it :)

Associate
What Nik said. Having used them for around 90 minutes last night on stream, it only reaffirmed my thoughts that they are absolutely fantastic. Positional audio was a dream. I can imagine it will make a significant difference for games such as PUBG and Fortnite. I heard things playing The Division that I haven't even noticed before. I can't wait to get my own set and put them through the paces. Full disclosure, I have always had a soft spot for Steelseries. I use the M800 & Rival 700 as a daily both at work and home, but I've never truly rated their headphones until now. I use a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770's at work (because I mostly listen to music) with some HyperX clouds for gaming at my desk, and some Cloud Alphas at home. I'll need to give the Pro's a proper listen for music, but for gaming they win hands down, no contest.

TLDR if you are on the fence, get off the bloody fence with your wallet and make a purchase, you won't regret it :)
Interestingly I use the DT 770s with the FiiO after coming from the Steelseries Siberia 800s (previously had Steelseries Wireless H which died in warranty). The DTs audio quality outstripped the Siberia's noticeably overall, not a huge amount for gaming but enough that I was pleased with the purchase, but having the FiiO and being able to increase the volume significantly is a boon for lan events.

For music it was no contest what so ever as the frequency range did just allow me to hear things I simply hadn't before. I'm no audiophile but I'd imagine the frequency range increase from the Siberia 800s to the Artic Pros (doubling in fact) will help slim the gap considerably for music. Will watch with interest.

OcUK Staff
OP
The wireless have flown out and are now out of stock. Should be here again by Wednesday next week.

Running low on the others, again, more will be landing Wednesday if the mini beast from the east doesn't mess up shipments from Denmark!

V F

V F

Soldato
Interestingly I use the DT 770s with the FiiO after coming from the Steelseries Siberia 800s (previously had Steelseries Wireless H which died in warranty). The DTs audio quality outstripped the Siberia's noticeably overall, not a huge amount for gaming but enough that I was pleased with the purchase, but having the FiiO and being able to increase the volume significantly is a boon for lan events.

For music it was no contest what so ever as the frequency range did just allow me to hear things I simply hadn't before. I'm no audiophile but I'd imagine the frequency range increase from the Siberia 800s to the Artic Pros (doubling in fact) will help slim the gap considerably for music. Will watch with interest.

What frequency can you hear up to on sound tests?

Associate
What frequency can you hear up to on sound tests?
It's all anecdotal bud. I didn't do any scientific tests. I just noticed a lot more sounds in tracks I couldn't before. Whether that's due to the FiiO providing more oomph alongside the frequency range I don't know honestly. :)

It may be the DTs were just better made than the siberias. Looking at the reviews for the pros they've got a different design so probably sound different.

OcUK Staff
It's all anecdotal bud. I didn't do any scientific tests. I just noticed a lot more sounds in tracks I couldn't before. Whether that's due to the FiiO providing more oomph alongside the frequency range I don't know honestly. :)

It may be the DTs were just better made than the siberias. Looking at the reviews for the pros they've got a different design so probably sound different.

DT770s are probably the finest closed back headphones you can buy without spending considerably more cheddar.

Soldato
Im very interested in getting one of these. the only thing that worries me is the comfort, i bought a pair of corsair h1200 a while back, couldnt use them for more than 20mins as hurt the side of head. (i guess i have a big head). I am currently using some sennheiser cant remember model, they are 7.1 with the usb dongle with sliding dolby switch. they are very light, but i think im missing a lot of sounds in PUBG, mates spectating are saying i can hear footsteps etc. when i can hear ...all

OcUK Staff
Im very interested in getting one of these. the only thing that worries me is the comfort, i bought a pair of corsair h1200 a while back, couldnt use them for more than 20mins as hurt the side of head. (i guess i have a big head). I am currently using some sennheiser cant remember model, they are 7.1 with the usb dongle with sliding dolby switch. they are very light, but i think im missing a lot of sounds in PUBG, mates spectating are saying i can hear footsteps etc. when i can hear ...all

I found them to be very comfortable, and I've used them for around 90-120 mins last week, and will do the same tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get my pair by the weekend so I can update here further.

Associate

That's a bug in PUBG, spectator can always hear more than you. Happens to my squad always no matter who is spectating.

I am not in the know about headsets but looking to purchase one in the immediate future. These look good but I was also thinking about the Sennheiser GSP 600. Is there any review sites which don't look like they are just promoting headsets? like looks at the internals and the specs rather than focus on RGB?

OcUK Staff
OP
That's a bug in PUBG, spectator can always hear more than you. Happens to my squad always no matter who is spectating.

I am not in the know about headsets but looking to purchase one in the immediate future. These look good but I was also thinking about the Sennheiser GSP 600. Is there any review sites which don't look like they are just promoting headsets? like looks at the internals and the specs rather than focus on RGB?

Waiting for some samples of the 600 so we can let you know our thoughts between the 2 SKU's. If you cannot wait and plump for these then you won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom