• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Still no ASUS 3080 Strix oc?

WDC

WDC

Associate
In the last 3 weeks, the queue has only gone down 2 spots each week, I assume that's people canceling.

It's now been more than 2 Months and the queue has only gone down 52 spots. Your telling me in 2 months OCUK has only gotten maybe 50 cards?

Soldato
Seems all the Strix range from Asus have been poor in supply. Dunno if it's the top end of OC cards but maybe compare to other brands top end air cooled see what the supply has been like for those.

Dunno why people go for these overpriced cards. For the same performance you can get cheaper, longer warranty and better RMA service elsewhere.

Permabanned
I don't think I have even seen one for sale. I would not buy one before they are actually available so I haven't been looking very hard but all the pages I see offer no chance to even pre-order, so how do you even join a queue?

Associate
I can’t comment on the 3080 OC , but the Strix 3090 oc is a cracking card and I don’t doubt you’ll be well pleased eventually - if you ever see one delivered

Soldato
In the last 3 weeks, the queue has only gone down 2 spots each week, I assume that's people canceling.

It's now been more than 2 Months and the queue has only gone down 52 spots. Your telling me in 2 months OCUK has only gotten maybe 50 cards?
3 weeks? That's no time at all. OCUK were promoting the Halberd "Gaming Desks" 5 months ago and they still haven't arrived :D.

Associate
it does look like the3089 Strix OC is the highest demand and the lowest supply. i moved 46 places to position 984, but there does seem to be a trend that the closer you get to the front the slower the queue moves (gotta be less people cancelling as no stock is coming in)
Really tempted to get a refund and get in 3090 queue. i know the price to performance takes a nose dive for gaming, but I'll have one in my rig sooner where the demand is lower

Soldato
it does look like the3089 Strix OC is the highest demand and the lowest supply. i moved 46 places to position 984, but there does seem to be a trend that the closer you get to the front the slower the queue moves (gotta be less people cancelling as no stock is coming in)
Really tempted to get a refund and get in 3090 queue. i know the price to performance takes a nose dive for gaming, but I'll have one in my rig sooner where the demand is lower

gonna take another 3-6 months before you get your card may as well cut your losses by the time you get a card we'll be 6-12 months from rtx4080 and why pay full price when you only get half the cards lifespan

Associate
gonna take another 3-6 months before you get your card may as well cut your losses by the time you get a card we'll be 6-12 months from rtx4080 and why pay full price when you only get half the cards lifespan
it is a bit of a dilema, im not gonna speculate about 4000series cards at this point and i usually do every other gen anyways. im sitting 1080ti so i am one of those that they are marketing to get on this gen

part of me is like "i got a 1080ti, its still a solid card you can hold out" but other part is "i want a new card! i have this one for 3 years"

Associate

There skimming the Asus cards and other cards to put into there pre builds ,I have also been watching closely and doing the sums ,I have a £3400 with no video card ,for 2 months as they said they were the biggest supplier ,they won't answer any my emails ,I brought 90% of my pc from them ,ek water blocks apologized and fave me a 10% discount ,I have my ek Asus 3080 water block and this lot are so unhelpful ,i even asked if I could buy a working return of any video card ,j would pay for it and send it back and all I wanted was a credit note ,but people that don't have a working pc don't matter ,I really can't afford to buy a cheep card if I could not get the credit note ,as the pc was off my house insurance ,blew up in a thunderstorm ,I thought dealing with insurance and validation people was bad ,no it was easy compared to overclockrs or overwankers as I now call them

Back
Top Bottom