STOLEN: Ford Focus RS Stealth Grey : Scotland--NOW FOUND.

Soldato
Brother in law has just messaged me to say his Stealth Grey Focus RS was stolen overnight off his driveway. It was Mountune spec and was badged as such. He's gutted, it was his pride and joy and he had only had it for 2 months after trading in a 2016 Impreza.

I dunno what the OcUK forum protocol is for stolen car posts but I figured since there were quite a few Scottish owners here and its a pretty rare car that it would be worth posting up for folk to keep an eye out for either the car or parts coming up for sale on forums etc. Any info please feel free to PM me although I'm not holding my breath for any good news.

Pics:-

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Soldato
Why doesn't he have the ghost protection installed on that car?

These cars are stolen a lot. So for £350 it's just the best thing to do.

Heck, or install a simple ignition cut switch and place it somewhere not obvious.

Soldato
OP
Just off the phone to my sister. They entered through the rear french doors into the kitchen, smashing a hole in them. Police reckon they used a window punch tool on the outer and inner panes of glass to make a hole big enough to reach through and unlock the door with the thumb turn inside. They then scoured the ground floor of the house, eventually locating the keys. My sisters A Class Merc keys were next to the Focus ones and they were left in situ. Neither of them sleeping upstairs heard a thing.

Police are checking local ANPR and have conducted a door to door.

Soldato
Makes you wonder how far they'd go if the keys were in the bedroom or the car did indeed have some form of ignition protection as suggested above.

Soldato
Makes you wonder how far they'd go if the keys were in the bedroom or the car did indeed have some form of ignition protection as suggested above.

Most likely run off if they saw someone. Car thieves generally don't want to tangle with people.

Soldato
OP
I'm just glad the pair of them are ok, sister was really shaken up when I called her this morning, knowing a group of criminals were rummaging around her house whilst they were sleeping upstairs. :mad:

Caporegime
Bad luck, large glass doors and thumb turn locks are not great for security, however odds are these people would want to take the car irrespective, it will be used for a cash machine getaway type job at a guess.

Soldato
Most likely run off if they saw someone. Car thieves generally don't want to tangle with people.
I don't know. The retort used to be 'they wouldn't break into your house, they're just opportunists'. Now it's moved on, these guys are turning up equipped to break and enter - I wouldn't be so confident about their reluctance to wake you up if they've already gone that far for a particular car.

Soldato
OP
Well, amazing result.

I shared this news on FB earlier and the power of social media never ceases to amaze me. Car has been recovered undamaged in Ratho, Edinburgh this afternoon thanks to information obtained via the power of Facebook!!! It's off to the police station for forensics to be carried out. Looks like the idiots who tried to steal it were waiting to see if it had a tracker on it so left it parked up and waited. Unfortunately for the scumbags the cops got there first as a result of info received from a friend of a friend who shared my post on FB. Amazing result.

Associate
Well, amazing result.

I shared this news on FB earlier and the power of social media never ceases to amaze me. Car has been recovered undamaged in Ratho, Edinburgh this afternoon thanks to information obtained via the power of Facebook!!! It's off to the police station for forensics to be carried out. Looks like the idiots who tried to steal it were waiting to see if it had a tracker on it so left it parked up and waited. Unfortunately for the scumbags the cops got there first as a result of info received from a friend of a friend who shared my post on FB. Amazing result.

Not so stupid then :rolleyes:

Associate
Crazy they leave them hidden to find out if it has a tracker or not. Quite a smart thing to do really. Fi it isn't picked up within a week they can go collect and strip. The police should have dropped a tracker in it and left them to pick it up.

Very nice car but I bet they feel violated. I had my car broken into once and I sold it the same day as the thought of someone in there and the possability of breaking in again I just wanted rid.

Soldato
Well, amazing result.

Do you know if it was Ratho station or the industrial units?

Back
Top Bottom