Stop-motion webcam video of the snow

Soldato
EEeeeeveryone knows it's supposed to snow tonight. It's still clear here in Brum, so I was going to set up a webcam pointing out the window and leave it running all night taking piccies every few seconds. If it works, I'll upload it tomorrow.

Good idea?

Problem is, I've no idea which software to use, suggestions?

(Also, my webcam is naff in the dark, but I'm hoping that other people might try it :D )

Man of Honour
yhack said:
I came in here hoping for pictures of snow as I have not seen it before.
:(
You've never seen snow, why?

Are you aged two, just got off a boat from somewhere very hot or blind?

Soldato
OP
Balls, my webcam is awful. All I can see are a few orange blobs for the streetlights and lots of background noise. It's just not sensitive enough. My digital camera is great, but it doesn't have time-lapse mode (and the batteries will probably only last an hour anyway)...

Anyone gonna try this? That MS Powertoy software looks OK.

Soldato
I can FEEL the snow outside here (Pontypridd, near Cardiff), but nothing substantial. Cold and some more or less invisible tiny flakes are floating around.

Hopefully it'll increase :)

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
Why do we get so much fuss when it snows? A webcam showing snow? Whatever for?

Just to show it building up...

It started snowing in Brum about 5am, but it was still dark. I started the webcam about 6, but there was already quite a bit. Can't really see much difference between 10mm and 30mm to be honest. I've leave it running anyway, all the schools are out, and the cam is pointed down the street, so I might get some interesting action anyway.

Soldato
Guigsy said:
Just to show it building up...

It started snowing in Brum about 5am, but it was still dark. I started the webcam about 6, but there was already quite a bit. Can't really see much difference between 10mm and 30mm to be honest. I've leave it running anyway, all the schools are out, and the cam is pointed down the street, so I might get some interesting action anyway.

hmm, think you might need to reword your last sentence!

Back
Top Bottom