Stop start problems volvo

Associate
I have a volvo v40 t5 r design and I am experiencing problems with my stop start. Everytime my stop start kicks in at the start of a journey I lose all sound through my infotainment system eg no reverse beeps or any sound from music. This does rectify its self if I turn the vehicle off then on again. It only happens when the start stop is active. If I forget to deactivate my s/s on a long journey I have no music or alerts. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Soldato
I have a Volvo S60 with S/S it's annoying, I personally hate it so turn it off without fail every time I start the car but I wish it would just remember this, and default to off instead of having to turn it off every time you start the car.

Same goes with the traction control, turn that off every time, hate that also, I don't mind cars having these electronic features and great for people who want them but for those who dont there should be the ability to turn it all off, unless specifically turned on.

Permabanned
I have a Volvo S60 with S/S it's annoying, I personally hate it so turn it off without fail every time I start the car but I wish it would just remember this, and default to off instead of having to turn it off every time you start the car.

Same goes with the traction control, turn that off every time, hate that also, I don't mind cars having these electronic features and great for people who want them but for those who dont there should be the ability to turn it all off, unless specifically turned on.

yeh that car sounds like a right cracker

Caporegime
How can you 'hate' traction control?
I’ve certainly had cars where I’ve hated the traction control. Conversely I’ve had cars where I feel that the traction and stability control are decent. Typically the ones I’ve hated were dim-witted or slow(er than me) to react, which makes pressing on far less enjoyable.

Soldato
How can you 'hate' traction control?

i was baffled too, must be a young driver i am guessing.

Nope, late 30's been driving along time.

First car I have had with traction control, its horrible.

I dont actually drive that fast anymore, gerneally, I used to. But firstly you should know your levels of grip without any electronic aids, relying on anything like that over your own control is just.......

Second, on the odd occasion where I have tried to wang it round a bit with traction control on its horrible, I feel like I am loosing control of the car where I am expecting to lose grip (in a controlled way) it gave me that horrible sinking feeling in my stomach. Never again, that **** goes straight off.

I can drive better without it.

ABS is a good thing, one of the few eletreonic aids I agree with, although my motorcycle doesnt have it as its older, learning to brake on that without ABS is a good skill to have. Next motorcycle I get will have ABS.

Soldato
I can’t even remember the last time my traction control even kicked in. Can probably count on one hand the amount of times I’ve even seen the light for it come on in the last few years. What are you doing to necessitate turning it off every time you start the car? Not berating you, I’m just curious.

Soldato
I have a volvo v40 t5 r design and I am experiencing problems with my stop start. Everytime my stop start kicks in at the start of a journey I lose all sound through my infotainment system eg no reverse beeps or any sound from music. This does rectify its self if I turn the vehicle off then on again. It only happens when the start stop is active. If I forget to deactivate my s/s on a long journey I have no music or alerts. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Probably best to get it diagnosed somewhere.

I can understand people not liking stop/start, although it shouldn't be an issue as it's quick enough not to effect you in any situation. But not liking TC is just hilarious! I hope you've disabled your airbags and done a seatbelt delete too.

Soldato
Well I can't overwhelm these in regular driving despite 260bhp through the rear wheels so no idea what's wrong with your Volvo.

Nothing wrong at all.

Volvo is like driving a living room though, I miss my Lancer. But it is comfy on the motorway, proper Dad's car lol.

You can still wang it around though if you put some effort in.

Anyway, as I said, I do drive pretty sensibly nowadays.

Soldato
On cars where I've had it, it's barely come on. Maybe it's your driving style.

This.

You must like pushing on! There’s only one stretch of road near me, like a double dip coming off a round about that if you floor it and it’s wet, you’ll spin a bit and T/C light pops on for a second otherwise it just runs in the background.

Back
Top Bottom