1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stopped eating meat a year ago, realisations since

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Combat squirrel, Jun 30, 2019.

1. krooton

Caporegime

I'm braaimastering tomorrow, chicken tikka skewers, various beef burgers, boerewors, pork belly slices, some ribeye and fillet steaks, and the obligatory braaibroodjies.

Any way /offtopic :D

2. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

NVM

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  3. Pudney

Soldato

Ok, your lack of understanding makes perfect sense now. Anyway, not my argument.

4. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

NVM

5. platypus

Caporegime

We eat significantly less meat than we used to, but for environmental reasons rather than animal welfare.

We need to do a great deal many things, and urgently, if we're to stop destroying the planet and eating less meat is an easy, and should be relatively quick, win.

6. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

NVM

7. Tony Edwards

Mobster

By that do you mean '*********' or 'lefty liberal'?

Enviromental concern is not the same as animal welfare concern, its just some of the same people care about both.

Starred out word starts with snow. Not a real sweary Just used as such by some.

8. FoxEye

Capodecina

We've recently decided to try to cut down on meat. Esp cheap meat from the supermarkets. Toyed with the idea of having only two "meat days" a week. The rest would be veggie but not vegan. That's a bit hard-core for us.

It's a road not without its risks tho. We've now got to make sure we can get all those dooberries and hickies that we used to get from meat, but now from grass and the other things our former food eats.

9. koolpc

Capodecina

I would rather cut off my leg than go without meat! Yom yom

10. FoxEye

Capodecina

In fairness, some of the nicest meals I've ever cooked have been from a veggie cookbook.

Meat's nice and all, but I could live without it quite happily. Until I died of some nutritional deficiency that is.

11. Tony Edwards

Mobster

Lets hope that option never has to be on the menu for you and your fellow plane crash survivors one day. While Ill be quite happy eating moss and ****.

12. Outcast

Mobster

[​IMG]

13. efish

Wise Guy

Got me wondering. What would a meat eating politically correct diet look like if you only eat meat that shared the characteristics of political opponents?
    Solitary more independent species for the left, more social species for those on the right.

In the U.K. that would appear to mean moles for me if I moved to America bears and the odd skunk if utterly starving. I think those on the right would have much less trouble and are more or less eating a politically correct diet already.

14. wolfie138

Mobster

smug vegetarians/vegans would be the first ones cooked and eaten.

15. Tony Edwards

Mobster

You got up at 7am to post that? I hope you didnt hurt your braincell thinking about it.

16. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

NVM

17. wolfie138

Mobster

aw, sorry I upset you :-(

ps it was 7:36, and no, I was up long before that. nothing unusual in getting up early, unless you're a vegetarian/vegan, they're a lot slower at waking up and getting their mental faculties up to speed.

18. krooton

Caporegime

Technically they can be, if the environment tanks, we are ALL affected. So no matter how selfish you are, the environment can end up affecting you directly.

You could be against the eating/farming of animals even if there was no negative impact to the environment.

You can be for the eating of meat, but only if it doesn't bring about the end of days.

One does not define the other.

19. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

NVM

20. platypus

Caporegime

I wish you well on the journey. Food definitely doesn't need meat to be tasty :).