Story behind your forum username?

Caporegime
I know I have done similar threads before, such as your favourite username, or the one you find most amusing etc, but this time I'm asking if there was any inspiration behind your own username!

Some are obviously fairly self explanatory.

I picked my username in about 2007 when signing up to the Playstation Network, and weirdly it wasn't because of the acme corporation from the looney tunes cartoons, or because of the ancient greek word, but because I read it on a 1930's whistle I was given as a kid and I thought it sounded cool... :p

cRZ1UKEh.png.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Mine came from a randomly generated name, with a few letters changed, in an old DOS era video game and it just stuck for playing games online, later shortened to Rroff as no one was bothering with the full length.

Permabanned
I know I have done similar threads before, such as your favourite username, or the one you find most amusing etc, but this time I'm asking if there was any inspiration behind your own username!

Some are obviously fairly self explanatory.

I picked my username in about 2007 when signing up to the Playstation Network, and weirdly it wasn't because of the acme corporation from the looney tunes cartoons, or because of the ancient greek word, but because I read it on a 1930's whistle I was given as a kid and I thought it sounded cool... :p

cRZ1UKEh.png.jpg

I would have thought the Skin Flute or Pink Trombone was more your thing! :p

Soldato
Pretty much always had a fascination ,not so much in astronomy but why the hell we exist ,time and space ,so before i moved here had a seasonal caravan in St Agnes (we basically had an overflow field to ourselves) ,the dark sky there was amazing and i would spend hours staring up to the heavens looking for inspiration (usually wine and radiohead would be involved )
now i either surf or search for sea glass so most days the moons phase effects the decisions i make ,tide times and heights ,ive sort of grown more into my name

Dup

Dup

Soldato
It's the first three letters of my surname and is a nickname that actually not used much for me as I get older. (Pronounced Doop).

Man of Honour
I was on the phone to my first girlfriend while simultaneously signing up to xbox live. She was reading the bible at the time (not religious, just... being a teenager ¯\_(ツ)_/¯), and as I'd been having trouble thinking of a name myself I asked her if there was any biblical name that stood out. I felt that Zephaniah - who frequently prophesises about the day of the Lord's judgement, where the hand of God will unleash untold destruction - fitted in with my aspiration to pwn n00bs with dual wielding and the energy sword in Halo 2.

Caporegime
Best movie cop ever

pacinoheat.jpg

Soldato
Mine goes back to 2001 when I was working for Hutchinson 3G (later Three UK) in the Terminals Team. Got invited to A LAN party to play UT by the Games Team and found they’d set me up as Terminal_Boy already. As I died continuously, it seemed rather apt and I’ve been using it ever since.

Soldato
My name is Devereux, shortened to Dev most of the time. At uni, many years ago, a drunk friend tried to make it rhyme with beverage by saying "Devrij, Devrij, pass me a beverage" . And weirdly it just stuck.

Now everyone thinks I'm Dutch.

Back
Top Bottom