Strange and unsure about this one guys...

Associate
I am in the process of selling my car and i put it in the autotrader for 2 weeks and then 3 weeks online.

I have received an email from a guy from spain who wants to buy the car. I have it up for sale for £8500. He wants to give me the full asking price plus another £200 to secure the car. He wants to pay either by cheque or bankers draft, only he wants to give me £12000 (yea thats right £3300 more).

He has asked me then to pay the remaining to the people who will be shipping the car over to him?

I am a little unsure about this what do you guys think?

ace

Associate
Sounds a bit weird to me, check it out further get some more info on the guy maby ask in the motors forum?
what are you selling that he wants so bad?

Associate
OP
I am selling a ford focus.

I am just of the phone with my bank and they say that if i recieve a bankers draft the money clears into my account straight away.

Another thing just popped into my head what if it is something to do with money laundering or something i know it sounds stupid but it could happen

Soldato
Definitely a scam, had practically the same (just with lower figures and a lady buyer) when I was selling my old Fiesta.

Email him back, waste his time a bit :D

Does he mention "Western Union" or say he'll "wire" you the money?

Associate
OP
emailed back saying i sold the car to a relative.

another thing that i would advise against. I put my car in the autotrader and for the two weeks it was in i got loads of phone calls from people looking me to give them more money for them to help me sell my car.

UK fast car sales was one i said no straight of but got drawn into another one because they told me they had 5 buyers waiting and i would get my money back once the car had sold. I phoned them a week later informing them that no one had contacted me. I asked about a refund and they said they didnt do refunds and i also said about the thing that when the car sells i get my money back and they said they didnt do that either.

I was raging so i asked to speak to a manager and she said she was the customer service manager, only to go on and say that managers dont take or make phone calls. I said to her "didnt you just tell me you where the customer service manager" she didnt know what to say and then the phone went dead.

I have not phoned them back yet but when i do all hell will break loose.

Associate
Very common scam, usually perpetrated by Southern Irish criminals who will use a stolen bank draft from a southern Irish bank to pay for the car. Due to loopholes in the banking system, this will appear to clear but when the car and refunded money have gone, so will the original amount paid in.

Permabanned
ace2109 said:
emailed back saying i sold the car to a relative.

another thing that i would advise against. I put my car in the autotrader and for the two weeks it was in i got loads of phone calls from people looking me to give them more money for them to help me sell my car.

UK fast car sales was one i said no straight of but got drawn into another one because they told me they had 5 buyers waiting and i would get my money back once the car had sold. I phoned them a week later informing them that no one had contacted me. I asked about a refund and they said they didnt do refunds and i also said about the thing that when the car sells i get my money back and they said they didnt do that either.

I was raging so i asked to speak to a manager and she said she was the customer service manager, only to go on and say that managers dont take or make phone calls. I said to her "didnt you just tell me you where the customer service manager" she didnt know what to say and then the phone went dead.

I have not phoned them back yet but when i do all hell will break loose.

I had that for about 6 weeks while i was advertising my car, they would ring atleast 3 times a week and it was about 3 compaines. They kept saying we have buyers and i told them to **** off when they wanted money, it was bad enough paying the auto trader fees which are sky high imho.

Back
Top Bottom