Strange Chassis Fan Behavior on ASUS Motherboard...

Associate
I have 'CHA FAN 1' on my ASUS Z270 TUF MARK 1 motherboad set to the 'Silent' profile in 'Q-Fan in my BIOS and 50% of the time I start the PC that particular fan immediately goes to max rpm and just stays there until I reboot the PC (sometimes more than once) until it behaves normally?! When it's done this in the past I have looked back in the BIOS and the fan profile is still set to 'Silent' as it should be. This particular header is set to take it's target temp from the PCIE slot that my GPU is in as this fan is sat on my GPU's radiator and from what I can tell there is no temp issue on boot up that should send the fan to max rpm indefinitely.

Also I have another weird problem:

The CHA FAN 1 header seems to be controlled by BOTH the CHA FAN 1 entry in my BIOS and the CHA FAN 5 entry?!

Same goes for the CHA FAN 5 header, that can be controlled by BOTH the CHA FAN 1 and CHA FAN 5 entries in the BIOS?!

I'm on the latest BIOS and Chipset version I believe and I have zero fan control software installed as I use just Q-Fan in my BIOS to (in theory) make things simpler.

Back
Top Bottom