Strange lag

Soldato
The other day I was on vent and my mates had started to play Gary's mod. I then bought it from steam, downloaded and started to play.

I then noticed some lag. I noticed that my ping on vent was around 13,000 - and I was getting 25% packet loss. My highest ping to the Beeb's website was 750. It went on for an hour, coming and going (also had high pings to my router, so could be my NIC or router?). The issue seemed to get worse as I was getting in to a game. For example it'd settle at 16ms - I'd then load WoW and my ping on vent would rocket up.

Next day it was fine.

It has just happened again tonight, my ping on vent started to go up and my ping on WoW went up to 450. I quit IRC and it went away - although that might have been a coincidence.

Before Sunday I had never experienced this and it's quite odd. As I said - my connection has been solid all day, then it just went nuts for a minute or so. Even pinging my router (Drayek 2910G/latest FW) was ping at 260/260/1ms.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No, wired. Never had the issue before.

To be honest I may just format. I haven't got the patience to be messing at the moment.

Just started playing TF2 and when I tried to ping my router I got:

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 68ms, Maximum = 145ms, Average = 116ms

C:\Users\Robert>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom