Strange Mobile Phone Comms

Associate
Yesterday I got a text from o2 saying, "Hi Chris. You've recently changed your o2 contact number for [email protected] from this number. If you did not authorise this, please contact o2". Now, I'm not Chris, and the email address given is nothing to do with me. I was on o2 about 3 years ago but ported my number away to another provider and my o2 account is deactivated. Today, my DPD app on my phone says my delivery from o2 will be arriving in a few days to an address in the UK. The app is linked to my mobile number which is why I'm guessing I got this message.

Any ideas what's going on here? My number been cloned or something? Thanks.

Soldato
Possible that someone with a number similar to yours has made a typo when ordering something. You could try emailing the gmail account to say you've had some texts mentioning the email address, but just be aware of it being a bait account for a follow up scam.

Associate
OP
Thanks. All very odd. Got an email from DPD saying the phone's being delivered today. Rang both o2 Personal and Business and they say they have no record of the postcode it's being delivered to or any accounts being opening to my own address. They're passing it to the fraud dept, so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom