• AMD Ryzen 3900x
  • Gigabyte Aorus Pro X570
  • Gigabyte Aorus 1tb Pcie 4 NVME M.2
  • Corsair Vengenace LPX 32 Gb PC4-28800
  • Bequiet Dark Power Pro 10 650w
  • Asus Strix RTX 2070 Super
  • Segate 2TB Sata HD
  • Bluray reader Sata
Other than the SATA issue that I am about to explain the system seems to be running ok. I have checked the SSD in Crystal Disk mark and it is hitting the figures shown in the reviews.

The issue I am having is that when plug in the Seagate drive which is just for data storage. If I then look at the system log in Windows I get lots of errors similar to those below and it also doesn't even recognise the optical drive in the BIOS or Windows. All the messages in Event Viewer are Yellow Warnings. I have got version F11 of the BIOS installed. I did have a look at the SATA options in the BIOS and the only choice seems to be AHCI or RAID, the former should be ok and is what it is using.

The last error below may be unrelated as I am not using RAID and have the drive in SATA port 0.

I have also put my old intel system back together outside of the case and both the hard drive and optical drive work without issue.

I have also tried different SATA cables and sockets.

Event ID: 153 Source: System

The IO operation at logical block address 0x5caec8 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\00000041) was retried.

Event ID: 140 Source: Ntfs (Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs)

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: D:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume6.
(The I/O device reported an I/O error.)

Event ID: 129 Source: System

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort3, was issued.

Back
Top Bottom