Stranger Things (Netflix)

Caporegime
Haha it's great that he agreed to take the part. :D

Loved the Pirate Treasure reference too.

Damn this has so much feel-good nostalgia about it for me :)

Totally forgot samwise was the Goonies even though I said to the missus the show is like the Goonies meets Aliens! Now the treasure reference makes total sense!

I hope private joker makes a comeback in S3!

Soldato
Other than that I did really enjoy it. They really have a knack for writing likeable, unique characters, and capturing the whole 80's "kids on an adventure" movie feel.
Imagine if it was based in the current day. The kids would be too busy on Instagram to get off their bums and find out what's happening outside. :p

Permabanned
See in spoiler tags..

I think they put it in as a sort of build up to season 3. Everything else is so on point that I cant believe they put in this episode for no reason. We finally meet Mama, we know there are other girls out there. Mama's carer is very shady. I thought it was an interesting episode even if it seems completely out of place.

Oh I've no doubt that's very much the case, I just thought they where hugely underserved. Aside from a little friction building between Lucas and Dustin, there was literally no point in Max's character or any of the sub plots that splintered off from her being there. I just felt they could have been given a little more substance.

Associate
Right, with so many people talking about it I’ve started again where I got to, S1E3 and it’s getting better....I can’t help but think of Half Life though!

I can definitely see why people binge watch it now.

Caporegime
The score! It's just great. Loved the song they use when Steve is playing basketball with that douche - the same song South Park use in a montage when Cartman or Jimmy are training (Up the Down Steroid) :D.

Push it to the limit.....

Associate
Saved the first episode of season 2 for halloween - just seeing the intro again made me shiver :D

Netflix is on such a high atm I hardly use anything else besides Comedy central.

Permabanned
Wasn't a huge fan of the first one although enjoyed the nostalgic 80s vibes it gave me, id give it a solid 7 out of 10.

Watched the second season and lost interest quickly, the whole thing with eleven going off to the city and finding that other girl and her mates was pretty cringe.

Decent show but insanely overhyped by the types of people who read comic books and think super hero films are awesome.

Associate
Just finished s2, they took everything from the first season and improved on it. The only episode I didn't like was the eleven in the city one, yes it was nice getting back story but I don't think a full episode was required.

Hopefully the announce s3 soon.

I just watched this episode and thought it was great

Ah that was some good telly. Thoroughly enjoyed that. More so thinking it was 8 episodes, then found we had enough hour of greatness instead of a cliffhanger. Much jubilation in the Randal household. :D

Loved the ending, satisfying as the first series and nice hooks into S3. The Duffer Brothers are great at their craft.

Permabanned
Watched the first two episodes tonight of series 1. Grabbed my attention but slowly gone off it during the second episode. I'll carry on though and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom