1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stranger Things on Netflix

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Reality|Bites, Jul 15, 2016.

1. AndyCr15

Sgarrista

I think the first week or two, people would spoiler any actual chat about it, right? Probably reasonably safe for a little while :)

2. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Yeah, maybe I'll sneak a peak, if we can all be good with spoilers....?

3. mrbell1984

Capodecina

Watching this now! No spoilers but it's good.

4. modd1uk

Gangster

I'm hoping it's decent, my only concern is they're older, have they lost some of that childhood innocence which (for me at least) made it more enjoyable to watch?

5. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

No, it still works. This season is in a different league. Amazing stuff.

6. modd1uk

Gangster

I watched the first 2 seasons with the wife, she'll kill me if I start a Season 3 marathon without her, MUST RESIST TEMPTATION.

7. wiiija

Wise Guy

Its real good, anybody else think they use strobing effects far too often though? I'm sensitive to it so it annoys me, stupid complaint though, the series is brilliant.

8. Kainz

Capodecina

So soilers here. Just seen the first two episodes and was grinning throughout. They were both excellent with enough 80s content all over the shop (bounce sheets! Remember those?!)

It was great to see the cast back.

9. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

3 episodes done for season 3 tonight, not a patch on S1 and S2 so far, getting a little bored, pretty slow start (can't say to much), need some action and dark powers badly. S1 and S2 blew me away, fell in love with it totally being an 80s child, but this just feels like they're stretching it and filling S3 so far with a lot of pointless fluff. They've changed the focus and it hasn't worked for me personally.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  10. cheesyboy

Capodecina

[no spoilers]

Enjoyed the first episode, it's an adjustment to get used to them being more teenager-y, rather than tweens, but it was pretty good. Agree it's a slow start, with teen life taking more of the stage than the usual Stranger Things monster stuff. Loving the Mike's Mom and Billy stuff - that's ****'s hot!

11. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

I liked the slow start. All I can say is, make the most of the ‘slowness’ :p

12. DrToffnar

Mobster

Id say that's one of the themes I want this series to play with the most. The first trailer made it seem as though that was going to be the case.

13. MartinPrince

Hitman

I tried to start watching with my missus but she bailed early on as it got too scary quickly and she can't take scary before bed. :D

14. Egon

Soldato

Managed 4 episodes last night. Loving it :)

15. Adnams Drinker

Wise Guy

Watch seasons 1 and 2 over the last few weeks and binged the entire season 3 over the last 24 hours or so. Love the mixture of 80s pop culture, great characters and the whole Stephen King/X-Files-type vibe.

Next bit in spoilers so I don’t get shot:

HUGE cliffhanger at the end - don’t be too eager to turn it off when the end credits first appear!

16. Siver74

Associate

About to watch this later. Good to know that the impressions so far have been okay to great.

17. Smokey Deza

Wise Guy

Um, see the first episode. Was okay-ish.

Why has the cop guy turned into such a sad ******?

18. Gerard

Caporegime

Going by that i would assume Hopper is still alive since you never actually seen him die, he just vanished in between scenes of the "cannon" being shut down. Could be 11's actual father as well i suppose.

Overall was better than Season 2, going by some of the articles online there could be another 2 seasons to go instead of the 1 that was expected.

19. Adnams Drinker

Wise Guy

It can ONLY be Hopper surely - Joyce and Murray survived so there was no other American in the immediate vicinity who was unaccounted for. And his body was never shown, unlike the Russian scientists when the device blew up right at the start of episode 1.

I just think he’s too big a character for the writers to do a ‘Game of Thrones’ and kill him off ...

20. neoboy

Capodecina

This was always style over substance (in terms of plot complexity) and relying on the 80s nostalgia so the third season is just more of the same so far, which isn't a bad thing.