Stranger Things (Netflix)

Soldato
I do not understand some of the hate in this thread. I thought season 3 was absolutely amazing and so did the other half. Haters guna hate I guess.

Haters gonna hate, really - we all like different things. S1 and S2 was the best thing i'd seen on TV, I've been so excited since then for season 3. It ain't just hating cause I can, I'm genuinely disgusted at how sickly and comical S3 was. Did people just forgot how to act....nope, it appeared that way because the writing was so poor, the story telling was non existent. Eleven and the dark upside down is what makes this special, with the nostalgia and the incredible set piece moments accompanied by that fantastic soundtrack - season 3 had none off that. It dragged out for 4 episodes before anything remotely interesting happened and then the next time it happened was end of ep7 and ep8. In between was just a bunch of cringe comedy, Hop and Grace overarcting every scene and lame love relationships with a ridiculous plot.

After that whole shower of *%#! I doubt I'll even bother with S4.

Associate
Haters gonna hate, really - we all like different things. S1 and S2 was the best thing i'd seen on TV, I've been so excited since then for season 3. It ain't just hating cause I can, I'm genuinely disgusted at how sickly and comical S3 was. Did people just forgot how to act....nope, it appeared that way because the writing was so poor, the story telling was non existent. Eleven and the dark upside down is what makes this special, with the nostalgia and the incredible set piece moments accompanied by that fantastic soundtrack - season 3 had none off that. It dragged out for 4 episodes before anything remotely interesting happened and then the next time it happened was end of ep7 and ep8. In between was just a bunch of cringe comedy, Hop and Grace overarcting every scene and lame love relationships with a ridiculous plot.

After that whole shower of *%#! I doubt I'll even bother with S4.

You will. ;)

Caporegime
I do not understand some of the hate in this thread. I thought season 3 was absolutely amazing and so did the other half. Haters guna hate I guess.

Same, I thought it was awesome!

Some of the nods to IT, terminator etc were so well done!

Associate
I’ve been enjoying it so far watch the first 6 episodes back to back last night. Wanted to finish it off but sleep got in the road. Will be watching the rest tonight though.

Soldato
Absolute highlight of the whole season. Especially how it was set up as a "I Love You" moment given the tone of the season and Mike/Lucas having their relationship moments with Eleven and Max. For them to completely swerve it and have them sing the Neverending Story song? Absolute genius. Couldn't stop laughing. Loved it.
Literally burst out laughing at the moment, and as a result I've had that song in my head all morning here at work.

As said I hugely enjoyed S3 despite the comical tone however I firmly believe they dumbed down Steve far too much. 'Fat Rambo' was the star of the season for me overall.

I had thought Season 3 was meant to be the last one though so I am a tad confused on the one.

Soldato
I thought it was a very good series. Also I liked Robin and once I found out she's Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawkes daughter I could see the resemblance to Uma.
Mrs Cheesyboy was watching some period-set thing with, IIRC, 4 young women in. She told me they all had famous parents and try to guess who they were. Took me about 10 minutes of studying faces, but I got Uma Thurman. After a bit more deliberating, and guessing, she told me that it was only actually Thurman who had a famous parent: she was winding me up :D

Permabanned
Haters guna hate I guess.

And I don't understand how people think this is the best yet having seen the first two seasons. Its gutter trash. I turned it off half way through episode 6 (Joyce on the phone having a MASSIVE childlike tantrum again), ugh, the cringe. It wasn't comical like it tried to be, just pure woeful filler, as have just about all their scenes this season.

And I could pick away at this all day. Who was it that mentioned Eleven opening doors all the time with her mind. But failed to shut the sauna door when Billy was smashing through it lol.

But sure, best season ever :rolleyes:

Soldato
And I don't understand how people think this is the best yet having seen the first two seasons. Its gutter trash. I turned it off half way through episode 6 (Joyce on the phone having a MASSIVE childlike tantrum again), ugh, the cringe. It wasn't comical like it tried to be, just pure woeful filler, as have just about all their scenes this season.

And I could pick away at this all day. Who was it that mentioned Eleven opening doors all the time with her mind. But failed to shut the sauna door when Billy was smashing through it lol.

But sure, best season ever :rolleyes:

Don't cry - just because people don't agree with your opinion....no need to get upset.

Associate
So, the wife and I binged watched it this weekend. Whilst we both agreed the 1st two seasons were better it was still enjoyable to watch. I liked the addition of a few new characters, some of the one liners and the general humorous feel were great.

Associate
Forgot to add - i had doubts that they'd be too old and it will have lost that childhood innocent feeling, however that wasn't the case, as for the next season..they will be even older, we all know how kids mature fast at that age, hopefully they retain some of the innocence, if the show was too mature i wouldn't enjoy it as much.

"Can't spell America without Erica", she played a cracking role.

Soldato
Me and the Mrs bltized through this on saturday, really enjoyable show, didn't quite hit the heights of Season 1 but more enjoyable for me than Season 2. Solid 8.5/10 for me.

Sure its cheesy, its supposed to be cheesy. At times it felt like an 80's horror movie, in a good way. Product placement was a bit annoying, but I think thats only because I'd be told about it beforehand, had I not known I may not have noticed.

Soldato
The coke Advert was infuriating, I almost raged at the TV it went on so long..

It wasn't the best, I wasn't expecting it to be, but I did enjoy it. Max turned into a feminist getting on at Elle's boyfriend and just generally being a bitch. I definitely felt an SJW/feminist nudge in this one, not too strong as to really **** me off, but enough for me to grumble a few times. I liked the nostalgia, as a child of the late 70's/early 80's, so that was nice.

It was going to be an 8-8.5, but with the advertising/SJW rubbish I'll say it was a solid 7.0.

If this was going to continue they need to develope the characters more, them growing in real life will help, but another series of Elle doing the same thing, putting her hand out and nodding at things, will be stale.

Caporegime
The coke Advert was infuriating, I almost raged at the TV it went on so long..

It wasn't the best, I wasn't expecting it to be, but I did enjoy it. Max turned into a feminist getting on at Elle's boyfriend and just generally being a bitch. I definitely felt an SJW/feminist nudge in this one, not too strong as to really **** me off, but enough for me to grumble a few times. I liked the nostalgia, as a child of the late 70's/early 80's, so that was nice.

It was going to be an 8-8.5, but with the advertising/SJW rubbish I'll say it was a solid 7.0.

If this was going to continue they need to develope the characters more, them growing in real life will help, but another series of Elle doing the same thing, putting her hand out and nodding at things, will be stale.

I think the coke gag was just a joke on how bad "new coke" was than an actual marketing ploy. That's how I saw it.

Back
Top Bottom