strangest thing you've seen on a CV?

Soldato
I know this probably won't apply to a lot of people but what's the strangest thing you've seen on a CV?

We've just had someone in who's CV states they are "99% Trustworthy!"...

My initial reaction was just "WHAT?"

Soldato
sitting going over a pile of CVs at this very moment for a night shift admin position,

i have a very KEN eye for detail.

5 people from outside the EU that want to work in our office in Glasgow part time,

lots of people wanting to take on a second job (and i mean most of our applicants are wanting an additional 25-30 hours on top of a full time position elsewhere)

and someone has also sent us a blank sheet of A4 no contact details just blank A4

Soldato
So many people's CVs are 4-5 pages long, listing technologies and specifics about jobs from a bygone era. I don't particularly care if you used Windows 3.1, it's 2019 - keep it brief and cater your CV to the role your applying for.

Mostly though, recruiters... I despise you all :D stop changing people's CVs, stop telling them bad info and stop sending us crap.

Associate
I get CVs from Indian developers all the time who state their work experiences using metric measurements eg. 4.3 years. Is that four years and three months or four months?

Soldato
my favourite ever was guy who had a lot of his skills based around photoshop/visualisation stuff and he had attached some samples of work in a pdf - the pdf had a nice cover page then a load of blank pages with a caption saying "image removed to reduce file size" - genius!

Man of Honour
I get CVs from Indian developers all the time who state their work experiences using metric measurements eg. 4.3 years. Is that four years and three months or four months?

I stopped bothering being that precise on my CV a long time ago - no one cares. If they do care I'm probably better off working elsewhere anyhow.

Soldato
So many people's CVs are 4-5 pages long, listing technologies and specifics about jobs from a bygone era. I don't particularly care if you used Windows 3.1, it's 2019 - keep it brief and cater your CV to the role your applying for.

Mostly though, recruiters... I despise you all :D stop changing people's CVs, stop telling them bad info and stop sending us crap.

Recruiters only exist to give estate agents people to look down upon.

Underboss
A lady once wrote this under hobbies

"Nature and Badger enthusiast"

We stopped looking at hobbies after that - she got the job but left shortly after due to being a total headcase.

Tbh it was written in the stares after the badger bit.

Back
Top Bottom