Strasbourg shooting: Gunman at large after three killed and 12 injured

Caporegime
I await all the typical responses that justify biases over the next 30 pages of puerile dribbling self-aggrandisement.

Frankly unless you want the police to hire someone to watch individuals 24/7 (that's a MASSIVE amount of manhours for minimal benefit) you aren't going to stop them, the only solution is unfortunately massive AI networks and a hugely authoritarian state (in the bad sense).

Soldato
OP
I await all the typical responses that justify biases over the next 30 pages of puerile dribbling self-aggrandisement.

Frankly unless you want the police to hire someone to watch individuals 24/7 (that's a MASSIVE amount of manhours for minimal benefit) you aren't going to stop them, the only solution is unfortunately massive AI networks and a hugely authoritarian state (in the bad sense).

One could jail the lot in a FEMA camp under the national security laws(I think. I don't know French laws) :)

Caporegime

Here's an idea: perhaps we should stop letting so many in. Amazing, I know.

Caporegime

Then watch as the economy stagnates and/or collapses, most countries have too much foreign debt's to just not grow, we aren't Japan and even they are starting to realise the folly of near zero immigration.

The fact is the youth aren't going to be happy having to pay for a huge population of old people for very long and every western country is about to experience that disaster pretty much at the same time.

Soldato

According to early reports, he was born in France. With a surname like Chekatt, his family probably originated from Algeria (an ex-French colony). Without going into the details of French citizenship law (which is different to UK law with regard to colonies) it is likely that this guy was a French national. I'm sure more information will come out in due course, but it doesn't look like this guy was 'fresh off the boat'.

If you want to stop letting people in on the basis that their children (or grandchildren) might commit a criminal act, we may as well stop immigration completely.

The fact that he was already known to authorities as a potential terror risk, and was still able to acquire firearms and grenades, suggests that this was a failure of policing rather than a failure of immigration policy.

Last edited:
Soldato
French born 29 year old known as a terrorism risk manages to get hold of guns and grenades and fires upon a Crowd.

'Hmmm, must be because of foreigners'

Yeah, that logic is amazing...

Caporegime
French born 29 year old known as a terrorism risk manages to get hold of guns and grenades and fires upon a Crowd.

'Hmmm, must be because of foreigners'

Yeah, that logic is amazing...

As well it would appear to be more due to the delinquency than anything else going by the articles so far, poor youths with no future because the state wont focus on them (rather focus on the voting pensioners) is toxic.

It's a lot less easy to employ unemployed delinquents if they have no reason to be unemployed/delinquent in the first place, this is a social issue, not a religious one.

Soldato
Then watch as the economy stagnates and/or collapses, most countries have too much foreign debt's to just not grow, we aren't Japan and even they are starting to realise the folly of near zero immigration.

The fact is the youth aren't going to be happy having to pay for a huge population of old people for very long and every western country is about to experience that disaster pretty much at the same time.

You know that ponzi schemes dont work dont you!

Man of Honour
Have the French police released the suspects name yet? I don't recall seeing it in the news and that seems a bit odd to me.

Caporegime
As well it would appear to be more due to the delinquency than anything else going by the articles so far, poor youths with no future because the state wont focus on them (rather focus on the voting pensioners) is toxic.

It's a lot less easy to employ unemployed delinquents if they have no reason to be unemployed/delinquent in the first place, this is a social issue, not a religious one.

I dunno, just a hunch but there might be some ideological or religious motivation here.

Soldato
I dunno, just a hunch but there might be some ideological or religious motivation here.

Exactly , unfortunately a strict immigration policy will do ZERO to stop this, its an ideology that goes hand in hand with a certain religion.

There is no closing the barn doors with this, the horse bolted some time ago.

Caporegime

Then why wasnt he immediately hostile from birth? Clearly his social status was the biggest motivator here, and the "religious" motivation is just a group of guys problem rather than serious belief.

Caporegime
Then why wasnt he immediately hostile from birth? Clearly his social status was the biggest motivator here, and the "religious" motivation is just a group of guys problem rather than serious belief.

We don’t have any details yet, people aren’t always hostile from birth. How do you even know his social status?

Caporegime
Exactly , unfortunately a strict immigration policy will do ZERO to stop this, its an ideology that goes hand in hand with a certain religion.

There is no closing the barn doors with this, the horse bolted some time ago.

Yeah I guess there is a general argument for careful screening perhaps. It could be argued that people from certain countries are less desirable but I think ******** down immigration from certain countries Trump style would be self defeating as these are extreme events and there is plenty of benefit from immigration. Not to mention that these events are often from home grown fanatics too.

Caporegime
We don’t have any details yet, people aren’t always hostile from birth. How do you even know his social status?

Because the police said so, that his actions weren't terror related and just normal delinquent crime. (prior to him being on this threat list ofc)

It's pretty clear in France what the issue is, but headbangers will just use it to attack immigration, when ultimately it's social policy failure more than anything and any attempt to deal with it is ruined when the French inevitably burn the place to ground every few years.

Back
Top Bottom