Streaming internet TV to my Plasma television

Associate
My setup

I have an LG Plasma TV (DLNA compatible)

I have a Dell Home computer, running Windows 7.

I have Nero Mediahome 4 (which came with the TV), which allows me to play any music, photos or videos stored on my Home computer on my TV. I can happily get this to work.

My quest

There is a live internet TV channel. It is a live streamed flash video that sits embedded in a webpage.

I can happily view this on my Home computer.

However I would like to view this on my Plasma TV (yes I know the image won't look good on a large screen - but that doesn't matter).

Now my question is - how can I do this?

I'm looking for a software only, free solution.

Advice?

Soldato
DLNA won't help as I belIece that's for connection to a NAS. Best option would be connecting the plasma to the PC as a secondary monitor or switch between the connected monitors as needed. Most TVs will have a HDMI input so should be connectable to most computers.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

No, the plasma is not in the same room, so using it as a secondary monitor is not feasible. And that's not a route I want to go down anyway.

As I said, I can already access music and videos which have been saved on my PC on the Plasma. This is by virtue of the Plasma'a DLNA and having Nero Mediahome 4 installed on my PC.

So I would have thought that it would be possible to access an internet live TV stream which was running on my PC, on my Plasma.

Soldato
So I would have thought that it would be possible to access an internet live TV stream which was running on my PC, on my Plasma.

Not unless you want to write custom firmware for your TV. It does have it's limitations. Streaming internet TV to the Plasma is going to be a functionality of the plasma, not of anything else.

The best thing to do is hook up a cheap media PC to it. The Acer Revo can be mounted to the back of the tv using the VESA mounts so it's undecetable and out of sight. This will allow you to have a complete media experience!

Associate
OP
Not unless you want to write custom firmware for your TV. It does have it's limitations. Streaming internet TV to the Plasma is going to be a functionality of the plasma, not of anything else.

The best thing to do is hook up a cheap media PC to it. The Acer Revo can be mounted to the back of the tv using the VESA mounts so it's undecetable and out of sight. This will allow you to have a complete media experience!

Ok - disappointing to hear. I don't think I'll go the media PC route, as it was only for 1 channel. Thanks for the info though.

Back
Top Bottom