Streatham shooting: Man 'shot dead in the street' as police declare terror-related incident

Permabanned
Police confirmed that officers were dealing with a terror-related incident

TELEMMGLPICT000223472357-trans-Nv-BQz-QNjv4-Bq-Dfn-T11g5-XZty1-Nobnb9o-J.png

(Bellow are all Quotes so a bit messy to read unless I space them but I will leave them as is for now but split with photo).

"A man has been shot by armed officers in south London in an incident that the police said was terrorism-related.

The Metropolitan police said that a number of people had been stabbed in Streatham.

“The circumstances are being assessed; the incident has been declared as terrorist-related,” the Met said in a tweet.

People speculated on Twitter that there had been at least three gunshots.

"I don’t know but I think like I heard 3 gun shot in Streatham," one person tweeted.

"Something major happening in Streatham High Road. Armed police and roads closed off," read another comment.

Lambeth Borough Police confirmed that officers were dealing with an incident."

"It remains unclear as to what happened but some eyewitnesses claim man had a knife before he was shot."
Police shouted for people to "get back" as they cleared the area of shoppers and bystanders."

TELEMMGLPICT000223476968-trans-Nv-BQz-QNjv4-Bq-EDj-Tm7-Jpzh-SGR1-8-Ap-EWQ.png

One person tweeted: "Be careful out today in London, just seen about two dozen armed police, a man shot and two stab victims receiving urgent medical care."

And another said: "What the hell is going on in Streatham?!? Helicopters circling above and sirens outside. Twitter saying a man has been shot dead.

"It’s a Sunday afternoon and families are everywhere. Very scary."

A nurse who saw what happened said: “A man just went into a shop and took a knife and started stabbing people.

“The shopkeeper tried to get the knife away from him but he got away and stabbed a woman on a bicycle. The knife was really big.

I saw three people who were injured - one of them might have been the attacker.

“I’m a nurse so I would have been willing to step in.”

A video shows one woman being taken into an ambulance. She was walking wounded, with a blanket around her.

London Ambulance Service said: "We have a number of resources attending an incident in Streatham High Road."

A 38-year-old man said: “I heard he was stabbing ladies, one on a bicycle, not the same one seen being taken into the ambulance. They were trying to save the victims.”

Another eyewitness said: “One woman was stabbed in the back and one man was stabbed in the stomach.

“The woman was saying ‘he stabbed me’. The man was in a bad way. People were screaming ‘stay with us’. It was a big wound.

“The police arrived and we heard ‘bang bang bang’. I saw the attacker lying down face down outside Iceland.”

Metropolitan Police have told people to avoid the area "while the emergency services deal with the incident."

Witnesses claim to have seen the suspect strapped with with silver canisters. Pictured: Suspect on the pavement with a knife by his side:

24205468-7958201-image-a-115-1580658705748.jpg

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/02/02/man-shot-dead-street-armed-police-respond/

or

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...n-down-man-in-street/ar-BBZzxO4?ocid=msedgntp

And the OCUK Forum FAV :

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ight-sparking-armed-police-shutdown-area.html < Actually has the most details and better Photos/Videos/Maps.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yikes, hopefully no fatalities (other than the attacker - better that he gets killed during the incident than ends up with some soft sentence then released in a decade, also saves time and money)

Soldato
I moved away from London 10 years ago, i grew up there for 22 years and it was never like this back then. Yes there were stabbings and every day gang **** that has gone on since the beginning of time but these very public attempts mass murder are a new thing.

:( I hope the people hurt are okay.

Soldato
The pro-gun lobby in America always use incidents like this to highlight why banning guns is stupid. But it highlights the exact opposite.

Back
Top Bottom