1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Streatham shooting: Man 'shot dead in the street' as police declare terror-related incident

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by b00merang69, Feb 2, 2020.

1. enkoda

Wise Guy

What concerns me more is that the parole board will be the ones assessing these convicted terrorists - you might as well leave these decisions to a bunch of 5 year olds, the net result will be the same.

2. Hotwired

Soldato

Look here Samantha, that's a completely unreasonable thing to say.

You see unless you believe I, your Einstein, am capable of time travel I must have read and begun a reply before you attempted to erase your incompetence. How else would I know of it.

Your sulky appeal based on making an edit before I got round to submitting the reply might have some weight if you actually had a say on the time and focus I waste on forum messages. But you don't.

So when I come back many hours later and find you distressed that your editing wasn't noticed by the only person acknowledging your post, I have to tell you Samantha, it really is your problem that you didn't present it correctly the first time round.

Well, that and your earlier semantics which set you up for a deserved ribbing.

No, you're lying about how I previously mentioned violence and still retrospectively justifying more sentence which is completely worthless.

When I mentioned violence it was to accuse you of using his subsequent violence as a retrospective justification that the initial sentence wasn't enough, you're still doing it.

You'd have to be talking to a stereotypical red top rag reader to sell the knee jerk reaction to as you specified, quadruple the served sentence using the evidence that a now dead guy wasn't reformed by a prison sentence. Literally wanting revenge on remaining offenders because the actual offender isn't available. Very good political material to claim being "harder" on crime.

It wouldn't apply to the dead person you're using as retrospective evidence, it would apply to everyone else serving a minor terror offence. They'd all have theirs quadrupled (or whatever it may be) and you've ignored every instance of me mentioning problems with that, not least the huge injustice.

I've asked you about these studies you're in favour of. You've not shown what you're referencing except an actually void point of abolishing 6 month sentences, it's not the 18 month sentence he served is it which is also not 1/5 of 6 years but the 1/4 I've mentioned many times.

Slapping up sentences because of fear of lack of reform is not an attempt to give "more chance" to reform as you mentioned previously but an admission that prison is a **** hole to push problems down the line not a reformatory clinic.

In fact since you're not giving anything lets just hit up a search and see what a BBC article has to say: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20180514-do-long-prison-sentences-deter-crime

It's all a bit arbitrary, time wasting and political whacking up sentences isn't it. I said it the first time that you didn't have the substance to justify longer sentences.

3. wesimmo

Mobster

It's really not, it can still be used to describe people like you for example.

4. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

Imagine if this was Diane Abbot. People would be going mental in here...

TLDW - Priti Patel consistently uses 'counter terrorism/counter terrorist' rather than 'terrorism/terrorist' when describing terrorists in an interview with Sky. Also brings up the fact that it was Labours fault from 10 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4EMBXxG5A

5. Zatoichi.uK

Mobster

Ha that's pretty funny. I guess she is so used to adding the word "counter" in her own circles. Still pretty dumb.

6. Skunkworks

Soldato

7. deuse

Capodecina

Should just the lot of them asap.

They're are just scum after all, and will kill if let out.

8. NVP

Soldato

"greater support for the victims of counter terrorism"

:D :D What a quote!

Hate that evil looking bint with a passion. Get @RxR to do some face analysis I guarantee it comes back as psychopath

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  9. Dis86

Capodecina

I think she's kinda hot!

10. NVP

Soldato

Kinda hot in the way she'd devour both heads one after the other?

11. LeMson

Mobster

She's fit, but absolutely terrifying :/

12. Orionaut

Soldato

Quick question.

Would those advocating the release of those convicted of terrorism offences (Not only early, but even at all should it come to that) be happy to so if they were personally in the position whereby, the decision to release was their decision, but should any of the people that they have chosen to release early/at all, go on to reoffend, that they will also face standing trial as an accessory to the crime??

(Hypothetical question to establish parameters rather than serious proposal ;))

13. Dis86

Capodecina

What can I say, I like a bit of kink.

14. Skunkworks

Soldato

She does have an air of dirty bitch about her. Would doink TBH!

15. Nasher

Capodecina

Haha, what a moron.

Not quite Abbot material, but getting there.

16. Lord-Jaffa

Soldato

The tragic irony of this post. :o

17. TonTom

Gangster

So I’m not the only one.

18. Scort

Mobster

This :D

19. doodah

Capodecina

This - my wife and friends judge me so hard about this but she's totally hot! Just an evil, smug ****.

20. LeMson

Mobster

Yes, not terrifying in a good way, defo the bad way! lol