STARTED 12/10/09
FINISHED 15/11/09

Winner = Artheas
#2 = e36Adz
#3 = kingrashid_00

Results Table
table.jpg

Match Format
Same as for season 1. Each player plays everyone else in the league TWICE. Once with each player hosting (Home and Away).
Each tie is the best of 5 rounds (first to 3 rounds), 99 Seconds per round.

- New Rule -
Each player enters with TWO characters, your MAIN and your RESERVE.
For your HOME GAME you choose between your MAIN or RESERVE.
For your AWAY GAME you must choose your MAIN.

Schedule
It is up to you to get all your matches played. All players MUST add everyone in the league to their friends list in order to organise their matches.
It is up to you to make sure your internet connection is working so you are able to Host when required. If you have a problem and your opponent agrees you can swap hosts.

If you know you are going to be away or unavailable, get some matches played in advance, or arrange it so you can catchup on your return. Please regularly check this thread (at least 2-3 times a week) so you can keep upto date.

Scoring
1 point per round won for the winner & loser.
1 bonus point for the WINNER.

Results
One of you must post the result of your tie on the forums listing, Score, Home or Away and if there were any Perfects.
Important: The other person MUST quote and reply to your post to validate the result. If need be discuss the results amongst yourself first if there is a disagreement or replay your match.

Videos
It would be nice if EVERY PARTICIPANT could upload at least 1-2 of their matches over the course of the league. Even if it is only camera phone quality it will end up being watchable once uploaded to Youtube. I use FRAPS to record and it works well! :)

FINALS (top 4 from season 1)

Artheas vs e36Adz

Artheas vs Cavallino

Artheas vs Spudmaster
-coming soon-

e36Adz vs Cavallino

e36Adz vs Spudmaster

Cavallino vs Spudmaster
-coming soon-

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Players List

e36Adz
Character: RYU
Reserve: sagat
GFWL: mpower07

SkeeterPSA
Character: SAGAT
Reserve: chun li
GFWL: Gantzer UK

Cavallino
Character: GUILE
Reserve: guile
GFWL: Cavallino78

FerociouS
Reserve: ryu
GFWL: FerociouS84

flibby
Character: KEN
Reserve: sakura
GFWL: cakeitbaby

kingrashid_00
Reserve: ken
GFWL: kakarot00

RecD
Character: BISON
Reserve: dhalsim
GFWL: xDam0n

DreadNiK
Reserve: honda
GFWL: ApolloNiK

SpudMaster
Character: BLANKA
Reserve: balrog
GFWL: SproutMaster

platypus
Reserve: sakura
GFWL: kitsunegarii

Artheas
Reserve: gouken
GFWL: ArtheasWL

Chris [BEANS]
GFWL: ChrisBEANS 183

wolvers69
Character: C.VIPER
GFWL: hahdooken

Naan_H
Reserve: guile
GFWL: NaanKiller

Sem
Character: ZANGIEF
Reserve: sagat
GFWL: Sem XL

ZuG
Character: AKUMA
Reserve: blanka
GFWL: iamzug

reserves:

MikeHunt79
Character: AKUMA
Reserve: gouken
GFWL: MikeHunt79

SfynX
Character: Sagat
Reserve: El Fuerte
GFWL: NinthSfynX

Fixture Results & Remaining Games
played.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
e36Adz vs Kingrashid (both games)
(sound was messed up in the first game)

e36Adz vs wolvers69 (both games)

e36Adz vs Flibby
game 1

game 2

Skeeter vs e36Adz

Skeeter vs Flibby

Skeeter vs Sem

Skeeter vs Artheas

Flibby vs Naan

Skeeter vs Naan

Skeeter vs Kingrashid

Skeeter vs Apollonik

Skeeter vs Ferocious

Skeeter vs Cavallino

Artheas vs Flibby

Flibby vs Cavallino
game 1

Flibby vs ChrisBEANS

Skeeter vs ChrisBEANS

Skeeter vs SpudMaster

kaka vs Artheas

Artheas vs kaka

Artheas vs ChrisBEANS

Artheas vs Ferocious

Artheas vs Zug

Artheas vs NaanKiller

Last edited:
Associate
Primary: Ken
Secondary: E.Honda

Can I just suggest (not massively bothered) that the scoring is done slightly differently - shouldn't winning a match count for more than winning a round i.e.

3-2

You get three points, they get two - just seems to me it should be like 5 points or so for a match win, the points for each round plus the 'win bonus'...especially since if there is a large disparity between player skill then the better player might get to 2-0 then much about going for ultra/super finishes etc which leads to the scores being slightly distorted imo.

Like I say though, not hugely bothered.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Character: Ken

Can I just suggest (not massively bothered) that the scoring is done slightly differently - shouldn't winning a match count for more than winning a round i.e.

3-2

You get three points, they get two - just seems to me it should be like 5 points or so for a match win, the points for each round plus the 'win bonus'...especially since if there is a large disparity between player skill then the better player might get to 2-0 then much about going for ultra/super finishes etc which leads to the scores being slightly distorted imo.

Like I say though, not hugely bothered.

If there is a big gap between the players, it will reflect in the scoreline ie. 3-0. If it's a very close game and goes down to the wire, 3-2 to the winner is fair imo, the winner gets a win to his name plus 3 points, the loser gets a loss to his name but still gets 2 points. Makes every round worth fighting for and I think it's by far the fairest way. Thanks for the suggestion though and I will take anything into consideration. :)

How would you guys feel if I said that you HAVE to change your character for your away game? I've not played the game that much recently so haven't had the chance to play another character but I can get by with Sagat and Gouken, barely :p Input appreciated! :)

Associate
fair enough.

I wouldn't mind too much about having to change my character, except only have a 'main' at the moment but I can play with Ryu as I did accidentally last night in a game (just gotta remember his EX tatsu stays in one place :p), or Sagat because he's just lethal (only reason I don't main him is I think it is pretty cheap to main the god tier character...zone with shots, knees or uppercuts if they try to get in...TIGER POWWAR!)

On a similar note, why does everyone hate on Ken players? Especially in SFIV where I believe Ryu, Sagat and Gouken are higher tier shotos? It makes me laugh when people say things like 'I'm always fighting Ken scrubs', unless they were actually whinged at by every single one of them after the match, they clearly don't understand the term 'scrub' in fighting games....

Associate
Sign me up:

LIVE - ElitistCorp.
Will play as E.Honda ;) (just to be different)

I will endeavour to finish my current league games over the weekend if people are about. :)

How would you guys feel if I said that you HAVE to change your character for your away game? I've not played the game that much recently so haven't had the chance to play another character but I can get by with Sagat and Gouken, barely :p Input appreciated! :)

I am not bothered about a forced change, however others may be as I know some people are really good with only one character and then a win/loose would not reflect there true skill at the game.

However I could like the choice to change. I have played a few matches in the current league where I have thought that I would have fared better had I played another character (my match with skeeter is the one that comes to my mind). Having the choice to do that would be good instead of having a repeat of the previous match. A choice would allow you to stick with the same character, if you think you have learnt how to beat them, or you can gamble and try a completely different approach.

Therefore, I think we should declare two characters that we are allowed to play. When we play them or not at all; we can decide at the time.

What do others think?

Soldato
There's quite a few reasons I'd only want people to be able to pick one character, here are some:

1. Having two is just one step closer to counter picking, which is lame
2. I practice prior to matches against people who I'm likely to see... I don't want too, for example if Artheas was in the league, practice vs. a Gouken only for him to bring out his Rufus and faceroll me (he'd probably faceroll me anyway but that's not the point :p)
3. I'd imagine most of the 2nd characters would be flowchart Giefs, Kens and Blankas which are not fun to watch or play.
4. I tend to spend a lot of the first game working out a players favoured strats to adapt in the second game, I can't do that when players are allowed to play two people.
5. How'd you work out the character selection? Such as if we're both about to pick, guaranteed one person will wait for the second player to pick so they can pick the character that favours more to them which is unfair and goes back to counter picking. If characters choices were hidden until the game starts then fair enough, but they aren't.
6. It's unfair to people who haven't got enough skill in a second character to competetively play them against people.

You could implement something like "People can pick a second character but have to give 3 days notice before switch over to avoid counter picking and nullifying practicing" but that's still not going to work as some people will purposely avoid playing people who are 5/5 or worse for their initial character and play the rest, then switch over and play the others since the second character has 6/4 against the remainder.

Last edited:
Soldato
Scratch what i said before (edited) i think id be happy with just the 1 person and stick to it.

About points. I would be in favour of a system based on win regardless of the bouts per round, for a round not bout win then its 3 points and loser regardless of wins of the bouts gets a 1 point. That or using the old system and a 1 point extra for the win for the winner as bonus for erm winning. :)

Last edited:
Associate
i dont play SF4 but i did like watching the videos from the last league.

I think 1 char and sticking to it is the best idea.

Would be cool to have both players picking randomly (if SF4 has the question mark) to see some novelty friendlys.

I love seeing people playing as chars which arent so regularly used. So credit to you guys (Elitist i hope to see some vids of you as E.Honda!) I liked watching that guy who played as blanka in the last league too.

Soldato
Scratch what i said before (edited) i think id be happy with just the 1 person and stick to it.

About points. I would be in favour of a system based on win regardless of the bouts per round, for a round not bout win then its 3 points and loser regardless of wins of the bouts gets a 1 point. That or using the old system and a 1 point extra for the win for the winner as bonus for erm winning. :)

Agreed.

Caporegime
Thanks for the heads up Adz, I would like to sign up, even though I'm crap :p.

GFWL: kitsunegarii
Char: Sakura

Not sure if I can video things as I'll be playing on a laptop, but will see how it handles Fraps :).

Soldato
I agree with the points system tweaking.

Problem with the whole points system as it stands is that by mid-season you can pretty much tell who is coming in 1st 2nd and 3rd, maybe not in the correct order. I don't mind in a sense, as I just like playing people on here and having a laugh - but some people did comment on it in the other threads.

Why not something like the above that Skeeter posted, or just another one to throw in there:

Winner = rounds won + bonus points of how many rounds they won by
Loser = rounds won

So if for example Cav beats me 3-1, he gets 3 points + 2 bonus, and I get 1 point (just make a seperate column for bonus points in your table)

It might help with the first thing I mentioned, and everyone is playing for rounds as well as the win. You could I guess as well just bring back in the +1 bonus point for perfects and stick in the bonus points column.

Back
Top Bottom