Street Fighter (SFIV, SSFIV, HDR)

Associate
Just fitted an octagonal gate, see what that brings. Surprisingly easy to mod these sticks.

Feels a lot more natural to my style but will need to play with it to see how easy the diagonals are to miss. I know the square gate feels better for 'Guile' type of characters' moves.

Man of Honour
Just fitted an octagonal gate, see what that brings. Surprisingly easy to mod these sticks.

Feels a lot more natural to my style but will need to play with it to see how easy the diagonals are to miss. I know the square gate feels better for 'Guile' type of characters' moves.

It looks like you're already aware of the pitfalls of using an octagonal gate so I won't go into that, but regardless of what gate you use you shouldn't be "riding the gate" when performing motions anyway.

Associate
Yeah, I'm sure not hitting the gate will come naturally as I perfect the moves and get used to the stick. The square gate just felt weird to me, I kept missing forward I think on the end of half circles because I'd get stuck in the corner. Again, that would be remedied by getting used to not riding the gate. I'll see how it feels after a few hours.

Associate
Just had a quick look around and can't see it cheaper than £34.99. Fraction cheaper if you buy from Game (£11.99 for V) and then buy the season passes individually.

...and damn you, made me buy it for my PS4 :p, found it on a well known web site relating to a rain forest for £17.99.

Soldato
Just had a quick look around and can't see it cheaper than £34.99. Fraction cheaper if you buy from Game (£11.99 for V) and then buy the season passes individually.

...and damn you, made me buy it for my PS4 :p, found it on a well known web site relating to a rain forest for £17.99.

Whoops, sorry! :p

I'll just wait for it to drop a bit before picking it up.

Soldato
I'm on steam playing on the PC but please hit me up for matches, name, RobGMun

Added you Rob last night.

Man, I'm struggling with Laura now. Still at Super Gold, not tried ranked for ages. I like to have a good run at games online and just not had it. The adjustments made to her make her feel weird now. Miss her st.mk, though I appreciate it was a god button. I'd also dump the new VT1 stuff to have old VT1 back. You're practically dead before you get the 3-bar trigger.

I'll keep at it. I'll be on tonight if anyone wants some games.

Man of Honour
He looks fun, but I felt that way about a lot of characters before I tried them.

I think I don't gel with the bias towards dice roll aggression in this, and all of my old favourite defensive/safe pressure characters are unrecognisable in this game (Bison, Guile, Balrog and now Blanka).

It does make it more entertaining to watch though.

Soldato
He looks fun, but I felt that way about a lot of characters before I tried them.

I think I don't gel with the bias towards dice roll aggression in this, and all of my old favourite defensive/safe pressure characters are unrecognisable in this game (Bison, Guile, Balrog and now Blanka).

It does make it more entertaining to watch though.

I'd have thought Guile was the best version of him? He's got fantastic buttons and is ridiculously hard to approach. Definitely one of the top 5 strongest characters. I guess if he feels different, he feels different though.

I loved Blanka in SF2, but I'm rubbish with charge moves. I'll give him a go though, I must just love scummy characters...

Soldato
Been playing a little bit of Blanka - really fun character to play. I think I might stick with him for a while, as I like the "erratic approach" you can take with him.

Back
Top Bottom