Street Fighter: The Miniatures Game

Associate
Just a heads up for those Street Fighter fans out there, Angry Joe (you may have heard of him from You Tube) has organised a kickstarter for a Street Fighter miniatures games:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1821440755/street-fighter-the-miniatures-game

It reached its funding goal of $400,000 goal in one day and is still going strong to unlock many of the stretch goals - new character minis, board pieces/upgrades etc.

The good thing about this is Joe and co are doing this to give fans a really great game and not for a huge profit, as all the stretch goals will be included in the 'Street Fighter' pledge level and above (about £100) at no extra cost - looking to be pretty good value for all that's being added and the level of quality they're going for.

Going to pledge on pay day this month as it doesn't end until May 5th. :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
To be honest, for what you get for the £100 pledge, how much is being added at no extra cost with each stretch goal and the quality they're going for, it looks like very good value and a good investment if nothing else. :)

Soldato
Well that's the biggest no brainer kickstarter backing ever! There's no doubt all the stretch goals will be hit and at worst you could flog it for a profit. Not that I would - it looks lush!

Soldato
I've had my eye on this since the kickstarter launched. I'm sure they said the only way you'll be able to get the game is through the kickstarter. It may seem expensive but for what your getting and the quality that is proposed it really isn't. All the miniatures alone would probably cost more than £100

I definitely intend on backing

Associate
I think this is one I'll be getting. Looks good for quick games and the nostalgia is high.

Will probably just stick and get the whole thing knowing worst case I can sell off the extra packs later.

Caporegime
when do they take the money? straight away? or when it ends?

i'll be going for the full thing even though i have no idea who any of the 16 extra guys are. was going to get the middle one but for the extra £100 your paying like £6 per figurine.

anyone who thinks it's expensive needs to take a walk around a lego shop or comic book collectable store. this is anything but expensive. it's stupidly cheap.

Associate
OP
when do they take the money? straight away? or when it ends?

i'll be going for the full thing even though i have no idea who any of the 16 extra guys are. was going to get the middle one but for the extra £100 your paying like £6 per figurine.

anyone who thinks it's expensive needs to take a walk around a lego shop or comic book collectable store. this is anything but expensive. it's stupidly cheap.

5th May is when you'd be charged for this one it seems - from the Kickstarter FAQ:

If the project you’re backing is successfully funded, your card will be charged when the project reaches its funding deadline. If the project does not reach its funding goal, your card is never charged.

Some backers may see a temporary authorization of funds at the time of pledging, before a project has been successfully funded. Authorizations generally drop after a few days, but this process can vary depending on your financial institution. If you notice an authorization that doesn’t drop, we recommend that you contact your bank for more details about their authorization procedure.

Associate
I've pledged for the full thing. As it is not available in Asia/Japan and that would probably be their biggest market I think I can always get my money back if I don't like it. I may actually increase pledge to a couple of extra copies for export.

Associate
OP
Pledged the other day in the end at the Street Fighter level (£98) - good value.

Will keep an eye on it to see if I want to add more and what new character packs, if any, are added.

I'm not desperate to add on the other character packs as is, as the original crew are the ones that I remember but depending on what the new models look like I may still be tempted, as having those nice models and 40 cards for each character with nice art is pretty cool.

Soldato
Same. I'm not bothered by the vast majority of the extra characters. I'm half tempted by the alpha pack for Dan and Sakura, but of all the others the only fighter i'd want is Nash. And that's only a half want. The main pack + bosses covers the classic guys, the rest are mostly nobodies.

Soldato
Same. I'm not bothered by the vast majority of the extra characters. I'm half tempted by the alpha pack for Dan and Sakura, but of all the others the only fighter i'd want is Nash. And that's only a half want. The main pack + bosses covers the classic guys, the rest are mostly nobodies.

I'm in the same boat, don't recognise any of the extra packs so hopefully the stretch will unlock the rest of the additional "known" characters and I would be more than happy with that. Partly tempted to get one as I just can't help myself :p probably resist temptation in this instance though.

Soldato
I gave in and added $50 to my pledge to get the alpha character pack and an additional set of dice. :p

The amount of stretch goals and extra characters unlocked is really impressive. 17 characters to play (will probably hit 18) plus the 4 I've bought over 7 different maps is a huge amount of variety and opportunity for unique play opportunities.

So annoyed it's next march, I want it now!

Soldato
I gave in and added $50 to my pledge to get the alpha character pack and an additional set of dice. :p

The amount of stretch goals and extra characters unlocked is really impressive. 17 characters to play (will probably hit 18) plus the 4 I've bought over 7 different maps is a huge amount of variety and opportunity for unique play opportunities.

So annoyed it's next march, I want it now!

I'm torn too. I still want the alpha pack, but also the new stages. If the new stages were included in the big bundle that would probably have been enough to clinch it! I'm guessing you went for the Shadloo dice?

Soldato
I haven't actually had the opportunity to pick which dice or character pack I want. You make the pledge over the amount and when the campaign closes they will be opening the portal where you can specify where you want the additional money to be assigned.

But yeah I'll be picking those dice :)

Associate
I've followed it for a while - I like the franchise, and the model concepts look good. But the gameplay doesn't grab me, it seems a bit boring with a lot of chance and randomly playing cards blind. I'd like to see a couple of the decks shown in full (without final artwork if needed). I'd also have appreciated some more detail on card gsm being used, type of plastic planned for the models, and close ups of a final model with final paint so you can see the likely end result (even the Zangief they keep showing isn't final is it). As far as I know none of these have been shown.

They've reached the $1,650,000 stretch now, and announced the $1,775,000 stretch as Violent Ken. I feel like they've run out of license options with Capcom - the 3 last goals being Evil Ryu (pretty much a re-skin of Ryu), 'Tournament Mode' and a 'Capcom Cup', and now Violent Ken - another reskin. There's plenty of unique characters they could be adding. They've also jumped the stretch goal for the last one by a whopping $125k where-as the previous ones have been as low as $50k.

I'll have a think over the next 20 hours left but I think I'll be giving this one a miss.

Associate
OP
I've followed it for a while - I like the franchise, and the model concepts look good. But the gameplay doesn't grab me, it seems a bit boring with a lot of chance and randomly playing cards blind. I'd like to see a couple of the decks shown in full (without final artwork if needed). I'd also have appreciated some more detail on card gsm being used, type of plastic planned for the models, and close ups of a final model with final paint so you can see the likely end result (even the Zangief they keep showing isn't final is it). As far as I know none of these have been shown.

They've reached the $1,650,000 stretch now, and announced the $1,775,000 stretch as Violent Ken. I feel like they've run out of license options with Capcom - the 3 last goals being Evil Ryu (pretty much a re-skin of Ryu), 'Tournament Mode' and a 'Capcom Cup', and now Violent Ken - another reskin. There's plenty of unique characters they could be adding. They've also jumped the stretch goal for the last one by a whopping $125k where-as the previous ones have been as low as $50k.

I'll have a think over the next 20 hours left but I think I'll be giving this one a miss.

If you don't like the look of how it plays then that's fair enough, although I think they've given a decent amount of information all things considered - I'd have liked to have seen a final model too but I understand they're narrowing down on the best supplier and those molds to cast the final models aren't cheap to produce it seems so I can understand why they've done it this way and I think Angry Joe is a stickler for quality here so I think the final result will be good.

The higher stretch goal targets seem more to do with making sure they don't over-stretch themselves rather than to do with licensing issues.
I'm sure they could go all out continuing to offer more figures at the same intervals but you have to draw a line somewhere, as there's a lot of projects that get into trouble with over-promising on rewards and struggling to deliver on those promises. Considering how much extra content you get for the Street Fighter pledge level alone (with all the extra stretch goals figures) I think it's a great deal, and hey, if you don't like the game I can't see you struggling to get your money back on it or making a profit down the line. :)

Associate
OP
Also upped my pledge to the World Warrior pledge the other day in the end and bought the map pack. :)
Even though a lot of the extra characters don't mean a lot to me personally (I'm all about the original crew really) at the very least it's more variety to play with, each with 40 cards each and nearly 36 characters in total with the World Warrior pledge - that's a ton of cards and options right there. :)

Question is whether we'll reach 2 million to see (endure?) Angry Joe having to cosplay as Cammy - I think that's a bit of a stretch but you never know. :)

Back
Top Bottom