Streets of Rage 4, it's happening

Associate
Oh the mega drive, some fond memories :D Given the graphical capabilities, they made such good games back in the day.

Me and my brother used to spend hours playing streets of rage 2. Agree with the previous comments though, not too keen on the art work for the fourth installant.

Associate
Two was the ****, had the poster on my wall and everything. Also not totally sold on the art style but will pick it up on Switch and cross my fingers for a good soundtrack.

Associate
Two was the ****, had the poster on my wall and everything. Also not totally sold on the art style but will pick it up on Switch and cross my fingers for a good soundtrack.

I seem to remember playing the second installant the most.

For nostalgia sake, fourth will be purchased too, I just can't resist ;0

Soldato
2 was my most played 16bit era game. Really not sure about 4's art direction, looks way to cartoony and mobily. The fake SoR4 looks more gritty and better to me

Associate
Probs my most played game on the sega, I've still got it with my sega plugged in I need an old TV though the games look terrible on new TVs.

Associate
I was a big fan of Streets of Rage I and II, probably one of the games that I have completed the most times. I always thought the addition of the player vs player element on Rage II was good for a bit of a pre game warm up with your mates :)

I was also a fan or Final Fight, Golden Axe and going back even further Double Dragon, but Streets of Rage is probably my favourite out of them. Looking forward to the new one, even if the graphics are a little unconventional to the game!

Associate
Been keeping an eye on this for ages and reviews seem very positive. Downloading now.

If you don’t like the art style don’t worry there’s a crt style setting in there that makes it all low res and pixelated looking. kind of ruffs it up a bit. I don’t mind how it looks personally.

Another vote for SOR2 here. Best 16bit fighting game.

Bet we will see another Final fight soon.

Soldato
It's on Xbox gamepass.

I played for a few hours last night and it's very good. You can have retro music if you don't like the new stuff. Gameplay was solid. I didn't manage to beat it on normal but it's nice to have safe points unlike the original so I can give it another shot today.

Back
Top Bottom