Striker II Extreme, QX9650, 4GB OCZ Platinum 1333 problems

Associate
OP
I'm running an S2E with 2GB OCZ Platinum 1333Mhz DDR3 7-7-7-20 and have no problems whatsoever. Have you run memtest yet?

Ran memtest with just slot 1 occupied - no errors

Ran memtest with slots 1 and 3 occupied - 93 errors.

Will try the module that was in slot 3 on its own in slot 1 later today, and if I get errors then i know its the memory

what would you guys say?

Associate
OP
Just ran memtest on the 1 stick of ram which i thought was faulty, and it returned over 1000 errors. Therefore I think I can say I need to RMA it?:p

Good, glad it was faulty RAM, cos I was begining to think that the motherboard was a POS like the S2F

Permabanned
the board's fine, its just the memory! all the 790i's are pretty much the same, apart from Asus' shoddy tech support!:D

Err there not, The Asus is there own design and uses there own BIOS, The other versons (EVGA, XFX, Ect ) are the reference design with Nvidia BIOS's and they seem to work better over any of the Asus boards.

Associate
Oh now I don't feel so bad now, in fact thanks for making my day skippo.

Having spent this past weekend trying to persuade the first version of this board to boot up, with no success because it just doesn't want to stop telling me 'CPU INIT' and I'm sick of clearing the CMOS only to see the same message the instant power connects. Now if I had only thought to type into Google 'ASUS Striker Extreme problems' or did a bit more research and goog'ed 'CPU INIT' instead... my wallet would be a whole lot happier and I definatly wouldn't be thinking this thing is junk and not even any use as a door stop.

Back
Top Bottom