1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuck Pixel Dilemna - Honest Opinions Wanted

Discussion in 'Home Cinema & Hi-Fi' started by Alfie, 15 Jun 2012.

1. Alfie

Wise Guy

Hi folks,

I purchased a Panasonic TX-P42G30B Plasma last week. The set is perfect apart from one stuck red pixel directly in the centre which I can just about see from my viewing position.

I have phoned the retailer and they have offered to exchange it. My question for you is (and this is to satisfy my low level OCDness more than anything) would you exchange it and risk worse defects on the replacement or would you put up with it? I have heard tell of green tint and loud buzzing which my current set does not have.............

Cheers.

2. mp260767

Capodecina

if its in the centre i would yes, edge of the screen i wouldn't bother.

if the next one has defects get back in touch til your happy with it.

3. True_Scotsman

Wise Guy

It would bother me, I also have the G30 and have no issues with it so far, but if it did have the stuck pixel I would get it swapped.

4. Kelt

Capodecina

Wouldn't even think twice about it, back it would go.

5. shanestatham

Hitman

Yea, youve got to be happy with it mate and if your asking about it then i can only assume that its playing on your mind already.

Just get it changed till your happy dude. I would.

6. lurkio

Mobster

First plasma I had , came with a stuck pixel near center
    Tried two different replacements with worse problems and ended up with the
    first one again

7. Purgatory

Mobster

Panasonic TX-P50G20B here not one stuck pixel since I owned it over a year now. Get them to replace it.

8. Kiyoshi

Wise Guy

I would want to send it back however I would be worried the replacement would be worse and the hassle that would bring.

9. kPATm

Wise Guy

I thought there was a margin of error when stuck pixels are involved. Like there had to be over 5 say in the same area?

10. Slade2

Wise Guy

I think that used to be the case but with newer TVs the specs improved I certainly wouldnt be happy with a red pixel on my new TV.

11. Diggsy

Mobster

If you can easily see it from your seating position then I would try a swap as you'll always see it and eventually you'll wish you had swapped it out.

12. Vimes

Mobster

It is far too subjective to have any relevance OP what other people would do. If I noticed a stuck pixel it really would drive me nuts. My wife though is either totally blind to them or, when she is shown them, simply does not care at all. Even worse than a stuck pixel is a not quite dead one. My wife had one flashing on her monitor and she told me, when I pointed it out (I mean it was like a flashing beacon), that she hadn't noticed it and it never did bother her.

You must be sitting close to be able to see one dead pixel of any colour but the point is you see it and it bugs you, hence your post, in that case would you not be better off changing it and deal with that issue rather then trying to pre-empt something which doesn't exist...?