Student Gumball - Which car

Soldato
ok so after i posted the last thread on the Student Gumball i have decided to do it with 4 mates.

we have signed up and paid the deposit.

Anyway.
We have the choice of a nissan Prairie or a Renult Scenic.

Which would you go for and why. Bear in mind tehre is 5 of us. driving to Croatia in it and back.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't think you'll be making much money for charity after the cost of actually doing it is funded - are you donating all money people give you to charity - in which case it'll work - or are you donating all the money you have left after fuel/expenses? Don't forget you've got fuel both ways - a total of 6000 miles worth - ferry back, and accomodation on the way back.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
I don't think you'll be making much money for charity after the cost of actually doing it is funded - are you donating all money people give you to charity - in which case it'll work - or are you donating all the money you have left after fuel/expenses? Don't forget you've got fuel both ways - a total of 6000 miles worth - ferry back, and accomodation on the way back.

Yeah, it'd probably be easier just to spend the money that would be spent on fuel, food, drink, accomodation and ferry and give it to charity lol.

Permabanned
Are you intending to finish last!? lol

I know its not about the winning, but you do get some prize money for coming first!

What about a Zaffy!? or, even better a TDi Touran - chipped to 200 bhp odd and 6 speed for the motorways!

Soldato
OP
Ferry = £45
Petrol = £400 (only 300miles)
Accomedation = Tents

we are looking at about £1000 for doing it. then everything else is to charity. What ever else we need to pay for we will do ourselves

Man of Honour
It's STUDENT Gumball, where is the average student getting a TDI Touran from :p

It's for students in student cars..

.... like 530i Sports :o

Man of Honour
Stinky said:
Ferry = £45
Petrol = £400 (only 300miles)
Accomedation = Tents

we are looking at about £1000 for doing it. then everything else is to charity. What ever else we need to pay for we will do ourselves

So rather than helping the needy your motivation for doing it for charity is so you can do the entire event for free?

And yes the Student Gumball is 3000 miles but you've got to come back again!

Permabanned
If its for charity, surely the good people of Volkswagen would love to give you a chipped Touran (advertised up to the hilt) to drive around in!

Soldato
OP
sorry.

its 3000 miles TOTAL.

1500 there 1500 back again.

we are getting local businesses to pay for it (they are happy to do it atm) then everything from public and so on is for the charity. its going to cost us about £1500 to get bac kagain. plus petrol.

anyway which car??

Back
Top Bottom