students of southampton...

tbs

tbs

Associate
were do you normally do your food shopping? i know theres asdas but anywhere else other than asda? like tesco or some sort

also, is there anything like Wilko, except the poundsaver in Marlands?

Soldato
Some people go to Morrison's in Portswood (assuming it's still there - been a while since my g/f was at soton). There's a Tesco Extra near junction 7 of the M27, and another Tesco near the hospital, but neither is that near to the uni.

Associate
When i was a student there i used to go to Tescos just out of shirley. Quite vast there and 24hour too.

You at the solent or the uni?

Permabanned
Masterdog said:
Some people go to Morrison's in Portswood (assuming it's still there -

It's not, Waitrose own that now.

Options for Supermarkets...

Waitrose - Portswood
Asda - Town and Chandlers Ford (CF being slightly bigger)
Tesco - Bursledon (24h) (I think it's Burlsedon, the one just past Shirley)
Sainsburys - Shirley (Also Lordshill, but thats a long way from Uni and smaller)
Farm Foods/Iceland - Portswood

tbs

tbs

Associate
OP
t_aitch said:
When i was a student there i used to go to Tescos just out of shirley. Quite vast there and 24hour too.

You at the solent or the uni?

im at the solent uni. right, i need to note these places down, seeing as im gonna go to wilko for most of my domestic stuff lol

Soldato
Masterdog said:
Some people go to Morrison's in Portswood (assuming it's still there - been a while since my g/f was at soton). There's a Tesco Extra near junction 7 of the M27, and another Tesco near the hospital, but neither is that near to the uni.

Thankfully it's now a waitrose :)

Man of Honour
divine_madness said:
Tesco - Bursledon (24h) (I think it's Burlsedon, the one just past Shirley)

That'll be the Millbrook store, Burseldon is the Tesco extra and is a little out of reach unless you have a car. The Burseldon one is huge compared to the Millbrook store.

And the Asda in Chanderls ford is much bigger then the city centre one, big enough to warrent the trip.

Burnsy

Edit: Damn you ben.....

Permabanned
BenST said:
That would be Millbrook. There is a Tescos in Bursledon but that's nowhere near Shirley.

See, I have rarely bothered to go to that side of Southampton the 20 years i've lived here, so I had no idea whether that was Bursledon or not tbh :p

burnsy2023 said:
Am I going mad, because I don't remember a Lidl in Portswood

Burnsy

Yes you are, well possibly, there is an Aldi there which is pretty much exactly the same thing, just next to SoBar.

Permabanned
burnsy2023 said:
Nice edit, but Lidl in Portswood != Aldi in Bevios Valley :p

Burnsy

Look, I've lived with 'non native' students who have managed to split the entire city into 'portswood', 'highfield' and 'everywhere else' so if I say bevois valley, they have no idea where I mean, so forgive me for getting used to calling it Portswood :p

Soldato
divine_madness said:
Look, I've lived with 'non native' students who have managed to split the entire city into 'portswood', 'highfield' and 'everywhere else' so if I say bevois valley, they have no idea where I mean, so forgive me for getting used to calling it Portswood :p

Highfield here :)

Permabanned
BTW Farm Foods is a hidden treasure, the foods there are mostly brand names and cheaper than anywhere else. Choice is limited though to 'sweet' items such as biscuits/ice creams and other crap.

There's also a little foreign shop nearly opposite Waitrose that sells noodles 5 for £1. They're lush, I often buy 25 at a time

I'm not a student I'm just tight :cool:

Back
Top Bottom