Stuff to do in london with your boss?

Associate
Hi All,
Boss form the US is comming over at the weekend to check up on me. He has suggested going to London on Sunday. What im asking the faithful posters of OcUK is where can I take my boss in London that is easy to find and would appeal to like a 40year old that might earn me some brownie points. Thought about taking him to a football match, but that would be expensive and not easy to put through expenses. So might just stop off at a pub and watch a match over a late lunch So im thinking Tate, parliment, london eye etc, the problem is im so rubbish in london and my sense of direction stinks. The times I have been before, me and the gf walk around aimlessly bumping into attractions and stopping at every pub along the way to make the 20 or so miles we walk more bareable.

So easy to get to/find, relativly cheap, would appeal to an american and would get me closer to a pay rise.

I have thought of dropping him off in hackney, leave, then call him on the mobile to discuss my pay rise. Might not work out great in the long term though:)

Suggestions are needed

Thanks

Pish

Associate
The place is a cesspit and I'd be embarrassed to show a non-national around. As you can probably tell by now Im a Northerner :D

I think your on the right track with a football match, give him a slice of British culture. Football, few pints, kebab, fight, sick, ambulances etc etc

Caporegime
Pish, I would do the things you mention, but just make sure you know what you're doing and where you're going, book everything in advance etc.

The stripping thing might be for once you've gotten to know what he's like. If after a couple of hours you've gleemed that he's an absolute rogue, then maybe he'd appreciate some naked lady flesh!

Associate
OP
i did consider spearment. Went to the 1 in tottenham court road (is that right) recently on a stag do. I might not "plan" that but the best things are never planned.

Also Chelsea v Spurs or Manchester derby at a pub would be good

Soldato
The London Eye (Big Ben+Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus at the same time).
Madame Tussauds.

Footbal imo only if he really wants to see some footbal.

Musicals, huge selection of good ones, then go for dinner somewhere nice in Soho.

And use the Tour Busses so you can show him as much as possible in very short time :)

Soldato
Take in a show? The musical version of the Shawshank Redemption has recently opened. Equally, the 39 Steps presents some marvellously British humour.

If I came over to the UK for an update and the best you could do for entertainment was taking me to a pub I'd be seriously annoyed.

Associate
not that i wuold want to go to such places (also they are for over 21s?), but i once got a printable voucher 2 for 1 at spearmint rhino :/

Associate
OP
Ding ding ding.......... PROMOTION :D

London eye should be on the cards, a great way to see London. If you fancy taking him for an awesome drink, then book a seat at 'Vertigo 42' at the top of Tower 42. Tallest building in London and stunning views.

http://www.tower42.co.uk/#/services/food-and-drink/vertigo-42/

This is a good idea, just checked the website and im not sure its open weekends, which is a shame

Keep them comming though

Back
Top Bottom