Stuff you know that others wouldn't know because of your job.

Jet

Jet

Soldato
I get to read case files on almost every case listed at Newcastle Crown Court and therefore get to see pictures of dead bodies, murder scenes, etc. Murder, conspiracy (to steal, murder, cause GBH), money laundering, fraud, etc, tend to be the most interesting to me. I also know how much the barristers get paid at each hearing and on each case (a lot) and I get to see how the CPS come to their decisions.

I also get a good idea about how many people get locked up for defending themselves or their homes. It's extremely rare (in 2 years I've worked there's been none). There's even been a number of cases where I thought they should be punished and weren't.

Caporegime
Tesco will accept money off vouchers from any other supermarket as long as they're "conditional spend" vouchers.

(Conditional spend vouchers = £5 off when you spend £50 on groceries. NOT product specific vouchers like 10p off Kelloggs Corn Flakes.)

The person at the till may look at you funny, but tell them to scan the voucher regardless. 90% of the time it will work, and the other 10%, tell them to get their line manager who will (hopefully) know the drill.

interesting one that, good idea by them though :]

Soldato
I could make you very rich...seriously.

Insider trading is seriously illegal, would never risk my job.

A couple of guys at the office in the UK got caught last year doing something similar, got arrested in the office, fined a lot of money, lost their jobs, and now no one will employ them.

Caporegime
We thought something was up with the Brawn GP team when the fleet of Stobart trucks that pull the race cars had the Brawn livery's removed recently....

The Stobart fleet travels a total distance that is equivalent to travelling to the moon and back EVERY DAY....

On average you pass a Stobart vehicle every 4.5 minutes when driving on Britain's major roads....

On average a Stobart vehicle makes a delivery every 5.5 seconds....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Because methamphetamine derivatives are covered by the catch-all clause whereas cathinone derivatives aren't? I don't know to be honest, I'm more interested in ending the War on Drugs rather than the details/excuses they use to perpetuate it ;)

edit - now I'm not so sure, I think I may be getting confused with the American analog laws. I know that there's nothing open to interpretation in UK law, it's either illegal or it's not. Is it because all hypothetical ring structures are either illegal or not? I dunno, I'm not a lawyer nor a chemist.

You're getting there. Actually it's controlled in two different ways:

1) One para of the MDA says:

Any compound (not being methoxyphenamine or a compound for (SI 1243) 1977 for the time being specified in sub‑paragraph (a) above) structurally derived from phenethylamine, an N‑alkylphenethylamine, alpha‑methylphenethylamine, an N‑alkyl alpha-methylphenethylamine, alpha-ethylphenethylamine, or an N‑alkyl alpha‑ethylphenethylamine by substitution in the ring to any extent with alkyl, alkoxy, alkylenedioxy or halide substituents, whether or not further substituted in the ring by one or more other univalent substituents.

(is a Class A controlled drug)

4-methoxymethylamphetamine is structurally derived from an N-alkyl alphamethylphenethylamine by substitution in the ring with an alkoxy group.

2) Methylamphetamine is class A in its own right. Another para says:

Any ester or ether of a substance for the time being specified in (SI 771) 1973 paragraph 1 or 2, not being a substance for the time being specified in Part II of this Schedule.

(is a Class A controlled drug)

4-methoxymethylamphetamine is a methyl ether of methylamphetamine.

More stuff I learned at work...

M

Soldato
It's a joke. I work for a CCTV company and we do much larger CCTV installs then that for much less. We are doing an airport at the moment and it's not even close to that figure. Maybe someone is telling him porky pies? :confused:

Some times larger companies are tied into contracts so just get from one supplier (and get screwed), where I work they jsut paid £9500 to upgrade 3 citrix servers to the latest version of citrix, it took 1 guy about a day.. the price did NOT include software or anything!!!!!!

Soldato
parcel sorters dont give a **** about your packages, in warehouse they are thrown into cages 5m away and crushed by larger packages and them next catalogues that way a ton.

Back
Top Bottom