Stupid French pap! Clio help?

Soldato
Serviced the GFs 1.6 RXE clio with new plugs, oil and air filter.

Now, when starting it, it doesn't seem to fire straight away even though all the plugs are all in nice and tight (not over tight) and it seems to crank a bit whereas before it used to just start nice and easy. I've changed plugs more times than I care to remember so I can't think what is wrong other than the guy in the factors gave us 16v spark plugs instead.

Secondly, I replaced the oil. When I started the car, there is now like a 'bubbling' noise coming from the engine. It's not rhythmic it just 'bubbles'. It almost sounds like something is at the bottom of the sump rattling but I have no idea what, where, it is. I obviously don't want to change the oil again just to inspect it and the car has been running fine since (bar the starting issue and bubbling noise).

Any ideas?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Gaps are probably to big on the plugs.

Bubbling noise is probably where you over filled the expansion tank.

malc30 - Probably the best answers in the World. :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Don't usually need to these days but back in the day if a motor needed to much choke in the morning you would close the gaps up a tad, If it ran to hot you would open them.

I've put to hot there when I mean When it didn't need any choke in the morning you would open them.

Soldato
Not wanting to sound like im running down a different route, But could the bubbling possibly be the coolant is needing topped up?

I appreciate you never touched this and shouldn't make a difference but could always be coincidence

Soldato
OP
Hmm, maybe. It's almost too loud to be bubbling though, it just resembles it. If i'm honest it sounds far more like a socket piece has dropped down somewhere and is rattling between to metal parts of the engine, although all my socket pieces are accoutned for :p

Back
Top Bottom