Stupid school rules your school had

Soldato
"Bundling" was also banned at the same time - this was when one kid pointed at another and shouted "bundle!"" and the whole school ran over and jumped on top of them. I can kind of understand why that one was banned.

We had this but the call to action was "dog pile!" Sounds disgusting and someone did actually get really hurt. I forget the details but it was a neck injury

Commissario
Looking back, I don’t think there were actually any stupid rules. There might have been some that seemed a bit odd at the time but with hindsight were perfectly OK.

Man of Honour
I went to Queens County School in Fenton, Stoke in the 90s

I went to Glebe County in Fenton in the 60s, sure you don't mean Queens Street Primary?

I can't remember any rules through my school years, you just had to behave and if you didn't you had a choice of the cane, slipper, belt, ruler and leather strap.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I went to Glebe County in Fenton in the 60s, sure you don't mean Queens Street Primary?

I can't remember any rules through my school years, you just had to behave and if you didn't you had a choice of the cane, slipper, belt, ruler and leather strap.
It's a Stoke thing right!
@Sone can confirm as another Stoke lad

Soldato
At my junior school in the playground there was a wall at the top end. Behind the wall was some trees. We always used to go around there for talking and sometimes fighting.

So the rule was "no going behind the wall".

Though strangely since I left they reduced the height of the wall and put a path that goes from the playground behind the wall.

Soldato
In the 80s at a peak of “the troubles” no wearing your CCF kit on the way to/outside of school. “Shirt sleeve order” in the summer. No “peanutting” :D

For clarity, “peanutting” is yanking the knot on another's tie very hard so to make it impossible to remove. E.g. “let’s peanut his tie”

Man of Honour
It was in my boarding school 62 - 68. If you did not get at least a couple of stripes in a term, you were a bit goody goody. :D

We have a Facebook group for my High School and several times I have let my feelings known for the contempt for some of the teachers, some who are still living.
The daughter of one of them posts about him and I told her to tell him how much he ruined my life.
I said he lived 100 yards away from me and I even had to go round the long way so he wouldn't see me out of school.

Back
Top Bottom