STUPID

Associate
I have been signed up to overclockers for over a year now. I do not post much as i havnt got time.

One thing that i cannot understand is why the members sale page is not open to all members and only open to members with 1000+ posts.

If any dons are reading this, please could you explain as all i want is to be able to sell and buy item to improve my current system.

Soldato
I presume that it will be because if you have over 1k posts, you are in theory more invested in the forum and therefore have more to lose if you screw over a fellow member and get banned.

Soldato
I have been signed up to overclockers for over a year now. I do not post much as i havnt got time.

One thing that i cannot understand is why the members sale page is not open to all members and only open to members with 1000+ posts.

If any dons are reading this, please could you explain as all i want is to be able to sell and buy item to improve my current system.

from the faq

Members Market?
The members market is provided as a free service to active and contributing forum members. OcUK are not liable for any deals that are done in the Members Market, you are free to buy and sell at your own risk. Please read the rules of the Members Market before you proceed to make your first sale.

Access to the Members Market forum requires two things. Firstly, you will need to have over 1000 posts and have been signed up for at least 180 days. Please note that this does not mean you spam the forums simply to increase your posts, as this action will result in posts being deducted, and if you continue this behaviour, your account will eventually be banned/suspended. Once you reach 1000 posts, you will need to activate your trust.The Trust system is for Members Market feedback only and not to be used for general user comments. Abusing the trust system will not be tolerated and such abuse will result in your account being suspended/ banned. Trust activation is either found in your UserCP, or you can press the trust button that appears at the bottom of all your posts.

Once you satisfy both of these criteria, Members Market access will be granted within 24hrs. Please do not post on the forums asking why you cannot access the members market, if you have any queries, email one of the forum Dons/Admins. The contact addresses are available in the FAQ. There is no buying, or selling allowed outside of the Members Market.

Man of Honour
The Members Market is for members who have contributed to the community to allow them to sell and buy kit. We have a level of entry requirements to prevent people from scamming other members; if people have invested a substantial amount of time in contributing to the community, we're less likely to get people who are fraudulent. That has resulted in having a market place which comparatively is very safe for all that use it.

We're proud of the MM that we have created, and that is largely due to the selective nature of the people we allow to use it.

If you don't have time to contribute to the forum, then unfortunately the privilege of the MM isn't available to you.

Back
Top Bottom